Speciality Finance Structuring Associate 2021
Join us as a Speciality Finance Structuring Associate
- You’ll work with our speciality finance deal teams to originate, structure, and execute asset backed lending transactions as well as capital markets placements of asset backed securities
- With your primary focus on modelling and structuring asset backed debt, you’ll undertake research and analysis of transactions
- You’ll support senior structurers in developing and maintaining client relationships, income streams, and new business opportunities
What you'll do
In this varied and engaging role, you’ll provide project management support to senior structurers, taking all reasonable steps to ensure structuring activities are in line with our policies covering conduct, operational, credit, and regulatory risks.
- Work with various speciality finance focussed teams to win new mandates from existing and new customers in the UK and Europe
- Perform asset analysis and cash flow modelling of securitisation transactions across a range of asset classes including residential mortgages, auto loans, consumer loans, credit cards, and commercial real estate
- Structure as part of the deal team both asset backed lending transactions in line with our risk appetite and agency transactions to be placed to institutional investors
- Collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to successfully execute transactions
- Manage internal approvals, work with rating agencies, and liaise with external legal counsel in the preparation of bespoke securitisation documentation
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience in financial institutions or other relevant organisations in financial markets. You’ll have strong quantitative, analytical, and modelling skills, and advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA. Knowledge of Intex and Bloomberg modelling platforms would also be beneficial.
As well as this, you’ll demonstrate:
- Confident communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to project manage
- The ability to work as part of a team and to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial skills, and a desire to learn
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.