Film Strategy Intern
The Film Strategy Intern will be part of the Reporting & Analytics team that provides insight and analysis on box office performance that helps to inform the decision-making of Senior Management in our theatrical releases.
This role would suit individuals that are passionate about the film industry, with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and writing ability.
- Monitor box office for in-release Universal titles
- Regularly track and assess performance of competitive titles, identifying trends and communicating highlights
- Collate and issue key industry news updates to the business on a daily basis
- Support the Analysts in analysis projects that offer strategic insight to Senior Management
- Act as a point of contact for all territory offices, issuing information requests and tracking their interaction with systems
- Contribute to data validation processes that highlight errors in our systems
- Contribute to processes that highlight risk and opportunity on our releases
- Collate Pre/Opening Weekend Reports and liaise with all territory teams across International
- Help prepare Distribution slides for Filmmaker and Regional Conference presentations
- Work on numerous ad-hoc projects throughout the year that offer insight and value for our analysis and release strategies
What do I need to bring to the role?
Demonstrable interest and passion for film
- Attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong numeracy skills
- Highly motivated, willing to learn new things and come up with creative solutions
- Excel and PowerPoint skills (advantageous)
- What will I learn from this opportunity?
An in-depth awareness of box office and distribution strategy tactics, being exposed both the territories and senior management decision making.
Excel and Communication Skills
Valuable excel and power point skills to deliver impactful, data-driven presentations to senior management.
Project Management Skills
Independently structure and plan a project from start to finish, setting goals, managing time expectations and solving challenges that might arise along the way.
For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.