Secondary Investments Internship London 2024
The successful candidate will be part of the Secondaries team based in London and will work on secondary investments, with the opportunity to work across all traditional private equity strategies of co-investing and fund investing at NB Private Markets, as we believe these disciplines are complementary.
- Secondary Investments: NB Secondaries team has a global presence and a broad investment mandate investing across all sectors in both LP-led and GP-led transactions:
- LP-led Secondaries – Invests in private equity funds by providing liquidity to investors who intend to sell their limited partner interests in private equity funds
- GP-led Secondaries – Typically more concentrated and complex investments initiated by the manager of the asset(s) to provide a liquidity option to investors in order to maximize future value creation or accelerate liquidity
- Co-Investments: Invests directly into attractive deals alongside premier private equity firms in their core areas of expertise. Focuses on building high-quality, diversified portfolios of strategic co-investments primarily in buyouts and growth financings on a global basis and across multiple industries.
- Primary Investments: Makes primary commitments to premier private equity funds. Creates diversified portfolios of private equity funds on a global basis and within multiple asset classes, including buyout, growth equity, venture capital and distressed / special situation investments.
Primary role responsibilities
- Analyze and conduct comprehensive due diligence on potential secondary investments, including both LP-led and GP-led secondary transactions
- Gather information and conduct extensive research on private equity investment opportunities
- Perform in-depth valuation analysis of private equity portfolios and private companies
- Assist in the preparation of due diligence materials for the investment committee
- Meet with investment professionals of private equity firms
- Monitor investments and prepare investor updates
What we're looking for
We are seeking a driven individual with an excellent academic background, and previous relevant internship/work experience. Required qualifications include:
- Relevant experience within Private Equity, Investment Banking, M&A, Leveraged Finance, Transaction Services or Consulting
- Excellent academic credentials (both undergraduate/graduate school and GPA)
- Relevant course-work in business, finance and accounting disciplines
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, with solid knowledge of valuation techniques, corporate finance topics, and LBO modelling
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills - must have strong judgement, critical thinking and the ability to articulate and present ideas effectively both orally and in written form
- Fluency in other European languages a plus
- Ability to multi-task with a fine-tuned attention to detail
- Must have team-player attitude and a desire to work on a wide range of projects
We believe this represents an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working professional to initiate her/his career and build up experience in a demanding but rewarding environment.
Who you are
- Intellectually curious and agile with a willing to learn about the industry
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-driven, proactive, and striving for continuous improvement
- International mindset with an eagerness to learn and adapt
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to collaborate and engage across the organization at all levels
- Willing to take ownership of issues and utilize a problem-solving mindset
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.