Central Operations Junior Trade Manager
Here, at New Look, everything that we do is for the love of fashion. We’ve been bringing the latest fashion to the high-street since 1969. We’re now a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-fashion for women, men and teenage girls. Even after 50 years we’ve stayed true to our original mission of delivering fabulous products at a price our customers can afford.
It’s our colleagues today that continue our journey to create a New Look that everyone loves. It’s our values that inspire us every day - we play to win, we are customer obsessed, we work as one and it starts with you. We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our New Look team.
Plan, coordinate, elevate and deliver all trade activity, taking a considered and well-balanced view to ensure the needs of the business and stores are met in order to achieve right first-time execution. Support in delivering a strong retail trading plan, delivering a consistent measurement of activity goals and robust feedback to originators expediting those that generate a return and challenging those that do not. Develop inclusive communication, feedback & review processes between BMD, Marketing, E-comm, Customer & Retail
Maintain a fresh approach to retail as their advocate within Support Centre
• Attend Trade meetings, enabling retails voice to be heard. Own the co-ordination of all trading activity from a retail perspective
• Deliver robust and engaging retail communication for all trade and omnichannel activity. Review previous activity to identify opportunity, elevating content where required in order to support sales
• Use the Retail Activity Plan to plot future activity that results in additional task for stores, include non-trading activity and known trade and marketing activity ensuring that realistic plans are constructed for right first-time execution
• Deliver a consistent measurement of activity goals and robust feedback to originators expediting those that generate a return and challenging those that do not.
• Reduce the administrative workload of stores through process improvement, accurate and reduced communication and by introducing streamlined communication methods.
• Use a fit for purpose critical path method through which activity can be introduced, measured and reviewed ensuring factors negatively impacting trade can be identified, corrected or cancelled
• Work cross-functionally to liaise on worthwhile trials and process improvements implemented through the Retail Activity Plan
• Identify, deliver and innovate ways to promote the retail omnichannel strategy from a trade and engagement perspective
• Work alongside the Marketing team to support communication of all Ways To Pay commercial initiatives
• Work alongside the BMD team to support all product initiatives and opportunities
• Help manage the markdown strategy for retail, ensuring propositions support sell through and protect profit
Maintain close working relationships with RBM’s and stores, conducting frequent & purposeful visits to assess upcoming and just launched activity.
Encourage cross functional store visits to highlight ongoing issues and opportunities, encouraging two-way feedback
• Create a “stores first” culture within the team, leading by example
• Give honest feedback and challenge to stores on execution
• Lead a high performing team, developing credibility and knowledge whilst remaining retail focused at all times
• Deputise for Central Ops Trade and Local Manager as required
• Strong retail experience and detailed awareness of store and regional processes
• A track record of liaising with stakeholders on complex and potentially difficult matters
• Proven communication and influencing skills
• High emotional intelligence, able to challenge and accept challenge professionally
• Robust yet flexible skills in challenging others, with strong assertiveness and drive
• Customer focussed (both internal & external) with a commercial attitude
• High focus on business profitability
• Good project management and organisational skills
• Able to balance and manage multiple priorities with the ability to flex and adapt as required for the needs of the business
Why New Look?
The amazing people, the love of fashion, the 4pm Friday finishes – there are so many reasons to love working at New Look.
We offer training to support you and your career progression, so that you can be at your absolute best.
You’ll also receive these amazing benefits:
• 40% staff discount
• Monthly 25% off privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy
• Quarterly sample sales
• Season ticket loans