Graduate Designer (Childrenswear) Leicester 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to complete a 12 month placement within our Next - Childrenswear design team
About the team
This role will support the Newborn team. The team design and develop new ranges, taking responsibility for everything from trend prediction to design concept through to technical development and product selection.
About the role
- Provide support throughout the whole design process from planning new ranges through to product selection.
- Collate design research and source colour palettes for the new season.
- Assist with the production of clear and detailed design packs and liaise with suppliers to develop the product.
- Work closely with the buying and merchandising team to create new and exciting design led ranges.
- Attend range building and product selection meetings.
- You will learn about product safety and technical requirements when designing childrenswear.
- Help to keep the design studio space tidy and organised
- Experience or a keen interest in younger children's clothing and design
- Strong communication skills, you will be capable of working well with other teams and building productive relationships.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Strong interest in fashion and awareness of trends.
Specific skills/qualifications & requirements
- Recently graduated with a degree in Textile Design, Fashion Design or similar discipline.
- Intermediate user of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Any additional information
As part of the application process we require you to submit a screen resolution, digital portfolio. Unfortunately, applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.