Investment Banking (Sector Teams) Summer Internship London 2024
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through our three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Investment Management.
Driven by the insights of some 26,000 people worldwide, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do, delivering unparalleled access to, from and within Asia.
Investment Banking overview
Nomura’s Investment Banking Division provides advisory and capital-raising solutions to corporations, financial institutions, governments and public-sector organizations around the world. Our global teams act as geographic, product and industry specialists. We connect clients directly to Asia, accessing deep pools of liquidity and dynamic growth markets.
In EMEA, we operate across targeted industry sectors and in most major European countries to deliver strategic advice to clients wishing to acquire, combine or sell businesses or looking for financing and risk management solutions.
We offer a nine-week Summer Internship for penultimate and final year students interested in learning about the banking business. The programme will provide you with the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge, gain valuable on-the-job training, understand our culture and create new networks.
The first week of the internship is class-room based training which is provided to enhance your key technical skills and will enable you to perform on the desk during the internship. Following the training week, you will join one of our Sector Teams for the remaining of the internship and complete tasks at a similar level of a first year Analyst. At the end of the internship, strong performers will receive offers to join our Graduate Programme.
Additional sessions during the internship include soft skill sessions, product presentations, business overviews as well as social events.
Nomura’s sector teams identify and analyse deal opportunities and manage client relationships across sectors and key geographies teams to include the following:
- CEE/CIS/Turkey – Focused on originating and executing projects for clients in these core geographies, working across all Nomura sectors and financial products. Clients include corporates, financial institutions, financial sponsors as well as government and government related entities
- Consumer– Provides advisory and financing services to a wide range of consumer facing businesses. Established base of both global mega-caps and smaller but ambitious corporate clients
- Debt Advisory - Focused on providing independent debt advice on M&A, brownfield and greenfield financing situations. Natural synergies with GII however sector agnostic with a focus on providing the best advice for the client through origination, structuring and execution. Debt advisory is highly active across EMEA and North America encompassing a wide spectrum of sectors including new technologies such as SAF and Hydrogen as first of a kind financing's
- Equity Advisory– Nomura is the only global investment bank providing independent equity advisory services. We provide clients with advisory and support in executing equity-related transactions including IPO’s, Rights Issues, Accelerated Bookbuildings, Private Placements and Equity-Linked Products
- Financial Institutions Group– Focus on coverage and execution for a wide range of clients across the UK, France/Benelux, Iberia, Italy, and Greece. Our clients span traditional FIG institutions like banks and insurers, and wealth/asset managers, trust/corporate services and other diversified financials
- Financial Sponsors– Focusing on covering Financial Sponsor and Alternative Investment clients, including a broad range of Private Equity funds, Sovereign Wealth funds and Pension funds
- Greentech, Industrials and Infrastructure - A cornerstone team in the EMEA IBD providing advisory and financing solutions across ten dynamic verticals among which: Low Carbon Infrastructure, Environmental Services & Technologies, Advanced Transportation, Renewable Energy Value Chain, AgTech & Sustainable Food and Digital Infrastructure. A well-established franchise highly regarded in the industry with an exceptional track record of originating and executing high profile transactions
- Healthcare– Growing team with in depth industry expertise built through advising both Corporate and Financial Sponsor clients on acquisitions shaping the industry. In addition to M&A, the team has a track record of providing Leveraged Finance and Risk Solutions within a broad range of subsectors, including specialty pharma, biotechnology, medical technology, animal health and healthcare services
- M&A– Focusing on the execution and origination of domestic EMEA and cross-border transactions, with exposure to all industry and country teams
- Nordic– Focuses on providing advisory services to, and maintaining relationships with, key Nordic corporates, financial sponsors and various Government ministries. In addition, the Nordic team works closely with Nomura’s industry and products teams on leverage finance and Risk Management Solutions
- Technology, Media & Services– Provides advisory and financing services to Corporate and Financial Sponsor clients across a wide range sub verticals within the Technology, Media and Services industries
What are we looking for?
At Nomura our goal is to attract and develop exceptionally talented people who share our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. We recruit students with a high level of academic and extra-curricular achievement, who will be able to withstand the rigours of a rapidly changing, demanding but ultimately rewarding environment.
To apply to this role, you should be in your final or penultimate year at university.
Fluency in English is essential.