Engineering Trainee (Process Engineer) Warrington 2024
Novelis is driven by its purpose to shape a sustainable world together.
With our Novelis Engineering Development Program (EDP), you have the chance to start your very own career path with the global leader in innovative products and services and the world's largest recycler of aluminium. We partner with customers in the automotive, beverage can, aerospace and specialties industries to deliver solutions that maximize the benefits of sustainable lightweight aluminium.
The 18-month trainee program offers you exciting learning experiences as well as insights into our international business environment. A variety of development and career opportunities will support you in taking professional responsibility - for a more sustainable and circular future. Learn more about the program here!
Become part of our mission to create a sustainable world and start on April 1st, after consultation possibly earlier, at our location in Latchford as: Engineering Trainee (m/f/d) – as Process Engineer.
What awaits you
- You will be responsible for co-ordinating and implementing process development projects and interdisciplinary projects;
- You will be carrying out advance quality planning activities;
- You will determine technical and qualitative requirements for products in cooperation with the customer, technical customer service, and the value stream;
- You will have responsibility of the management of the measure of continuous improvement projects;
- You will work with different laboratories, raw material suppliers and customers, about technical and qualitative topics;
- You will be involved in complaints and 8D processing as well as in the creation of FMEAS.
- You will actively work on approaches for training colleagues from operations in the use of the specific quality and process control tools – for example WCM Toolkit.
How you convince us
- You have successfully completed your degree in Engineering
- During your studies you were able to gain first relevant experiences - ideally in a manufacturing environment
- You are curious to get to know other locations within the scope of a rotation and are willing to travel across Europe accordingly
- You have a hands-on mentality and want to drive sustainable solutions for our company with passion and knowledge and bring your ideas to the table
- Communication and teamwork skills are among your strengths
- You like to make decisions and take responsibility
- Open-mindedness, authenticity, and openness characterize you
- Business fluent English as well as good MS-Office skills complete your profile
What Novelis offers you
- A trainee program at the global pioneer for technology and sustainability in the future market of aluminium processing and recycling
- Above-average compensation
- Active career planning for a future management position or technical expert role at one of our sites following the trainee program
- A strong international EDP community and visibility within the company
- Close cooperation and networking opportunities with experienced colleagues in production and at all management levels of Novelis
- Demand-oriented global learning modules tailored to your interests and skills, versatile stations, and projects
- Supervision and mentoring by experienced managers to develop your professional, personal, and social skills
- An open corporate culture with the opportunity to contribute ideas and drive things forward to shape a sustainable world together
Have we caught your interest?
Then become part of our team! We are looking forward to your application!
You can apply directly via our career portal in less than 5 minutes. Please do not forget to include the following documents with your application:
- Letter of motivation incl. desired starting date
- Current university transcripts and/or performance records
- Work references (if applicable)
We love diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, and identity.
The Latchford plant a suburb of Warrington Cheshire in England employs approximately 170 employees. It is a dedicated recycling plant for used beverage cans (UBC) and automotive scrap with the capacity to recycle around 200’000 tons of aluminium.
Warrington is located closely to the cities of Liverpool and Manchester as well as to Sankey Valley Park with wildlife paths and sculpture with enough outdoor activities for all ages.
The Latchford plant is committed to its community in supporting math and science education to local schools as well as sharing the value of safety and works with a local charitable foundation to sponsoring health. In addition Novelis UK supports the program “Every Can Counts” to actively promote can recycling across Europe.