2021 Summer Student - Software Test Engineer
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.61 billion in 2020.
An outstanding summer placement opportunity exists for a 3rd or 4th year undergraduate within a Software/Computer Engineering discipline to join a strategic High Performance Team within the growing STI Secure Identification Solutions Centre of Competence located at East Kilbride, Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
- Directly supporting the Secure Identification Solutions Centre of Competence in the strategic improvement of STI Product Quality
- Focusing, from an End User perspective, to increase the complete products (Base OS/Applet) test coverage via System, Stress and Software Attack scenario test methods.
- Support the STI New Product Introduction test life cycle from Project 'kick off' through to Product release.
- Acquire introduction to relevant Industry Standard specifications to enable the specification/development of quality 'real' End-2-End Use Cases/Tests.
- Support the analysis of Project test results feeding back debug information to Project teams.
- Track and maintain issue tickets to aid timely resolution
- Maintenance and Development of both the Automated Test Framework and NPI Test Life Cycle.
- Interface with global Test Engineering facilities, Product Development teams and Certification groups.
- Support Maintenance and Day-2-Day utilisation of On Site Technology Laboratory facilities.
Skills / Experience
- Undergraduate within a Software/Computer Engineering discipline.
- Evidence of past placements/work experience in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks (preferably using Jenkins).
- Working knowledge of MS Windows 7 (or greater).
- Experience of networking techniques and hardware.
- Ability to work independently and efficient time manager.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with global teams.
- Articulate scenarios which cause software issues both verbally and written.
- Challenge workflows and recommend processes for improvement.
- Motivated, passionate, positive and hard-working with an energy and enthusiasm to drive quality and to improve the service that the Secure Identification Solution Centre of Competance provides to the STI Business Unit internally and externally.
- Java, Java Card, C.
- XML, JCShell (or any other scripting language), Apache Ant.
- Apache SVN, or any other version control systems.
- Collabnet (TeamForge), or any other issue tracking systems.
- Embedded testing with white box/black box testing skills
- Test development and Test Process Lifecycle.
- Test case development in Java/Javacard.
- Understanding of the GlobalPlatform and Java Card standards.
- Awareness of ICAO/IDL/IASECC industry standards.