Graduate Automotive Radar Applications Engineer Glasgow 2024
The future starts here! Ready to start in Automotive Radar Applications Engineering at NXP?
Our Radar Microcontroller Customer Application team, in Glasgow, UK, is looking for a highly motivated Graduate Automotive Radar Applications Engineer to join our growing team.
This vacancy is within BL RFP (Radio Frequency Processing) one of the core businesses of NXP. Radar is a core ADAS technology for enhancing safety and convenience, and NXP is a market leader in the Radar processing and RF fields, enabling our customers to develop market leading ADAS solutions with Radar at the heart of the system.
In this exciting and varied role, you will be part of a highly skilled team supporting our customers Radar application development. You will assist senior engineers in direct customer support for our leading edge Automotive Radar products from an applications perspective, giving exposure to product design, systems engineering and validation and the final customer application for market leading Radar solutions.
The specific job role will include:
- Supporting customer next generation Radar application development on our Automotive Radar products, supporting Tier 1s and OEMs.
- Solving complex technical problems, together with Field Application Engineers as well as internal R&D teams
- Embedded real-time software development and debug in C programming language
- RTOS software development
- Technical documentation creation and review
- Creating customer support packages and enablement collateral
- Run training sessions with our customers and with NXP’s sales organization
- Supporting pre-silicon platforms to allow customers to start developing their solutions from existing silicon and/or FPGA
To ensure your successful performance in this role, the following is desired
- Degree (Hons) in Electronic, Electrical, Software Engineering or other relevant degree
- Hands-on experience with programming and debugging of microcontroller/microprocessor devices
- Understanding and experience of embedded C programming
- Understanding and experience with embedded Linux
- Understanding of other programming languages (Python, Matlab) is beneficial
- Ability to work as part of a team, and also on own basis
Furthermore you have
- Strong interpersonal skills in multicultural environments.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Result oriented mindset, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (English language).
- Naturally structured and diligent, self-motivated.
Creating Secure Connections and Infrastructure for a Smarter World
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) makes products and environments safer, more sustainable, and more secure with innovative connectivity and edge processing solutions for a smarter world.
We are in the business of better. Not just better technologies, but better innovations to improve society. As the world leader in secure connectivity and processing solutions for embedded applications, NXP is solving the world’s most complex technology challenges to accelerate business innovation, enhance how we work, and advance how we live.