Undergraduate Investment Intern - Summer 2021
Who we're looking for
We’re seeking several undergraduate summer Interns, graduating in 2022, to join our Investment Internship Programme. You’ll spend 8-weeks within one of the following investment strategies: European High Yield Bonds, European Principal Group, Real Estate or Distressed Debt.
Our Investment Internship Programme is the perfect start for an undergraduate looking to gain real life experience in Investment Management. You’ll participate in a formal modelling and valuation training curriculum and focus on transaction functions and portfolio management activities.
The Investment Teams
- European High Yield – Learn how to analyse a variety of well-known companies as part of our investment process and observe how the market reacts to various news and events.
- Real Estate – Explore real estate on a large, global platform, gaining exposure to senior professionals as well as the institutional backing of Oaktree’s wider real estate business.
- Distressed Debt – Gain access to a team comprised of professionals with diverse backgrounds in portfolio management, law, accounting, consulting, valuation and banking and learn about opportunistic investment across a number of asset classes and geographies.
- European Principal Group – Discover more about private equity investing opportunities where dislocation or distress enables its funds to secure an attractive purchase price or creation value to deliver private equity-like return potential.
Our 2021 Investment Internship Programme will provide you with a unique introduction into the Investment Management Industry and how Oaktree operates within it. You’ll be given introductory training and opportunities to network with people across the business.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the team in preparing detailed financial models
- Aiding in performing quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Developing and maintaining business and industry due diligence
- Assisting in conducting deal structuring, legal documentation, negotiations and post-closing deal monitoring
What we’re looking for
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic.
- Outstanding initiative and a self-starter.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative and must possess strong integrity and professionalism
The knowledge, skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Knowledge of financial modelling
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong capabilities in Excel
- Have an ABB or above at A level or equivalent
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree and on track for a 2.1 or above from a university or college
Oaktree is a values-driven firm and we demonstrate integrity in all that we do. We believe that our people are our most important asset and because of this, we are committed to cultivating an environment that is collaborative, curious, inclusive and honours the diversity of thought. Providing training and career development opportunities and emphasizing strong support for our local communities through philanthropic initiatives are essential to our culture.
Diversity & Inclusion
Oaktree is committed to diversity, gender equality, and increasing under-represented groups throughout the company. The firm has created a culture where everyone, regardless of background, has an opportunity to get involved and add value to the organization.
Our Communities Matter
Oaktree is committed to supporting our communities through various activities, events and partnerships with organizations that have a meaningful impact on the people in their regions. This program also strengthens our own internal community by giving employees an opportunity to spend time together in a way that benefits others.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.