Consultant Summer Internship (MBA)
OC&C is a leading global strategy consulting firm with 11 offices around the world. We specialize in Retail, Leisure, Consumer Goods, Media & Technology, B2B Products & Services and Private Equity. OC&C has more than 30 years’ experience unpicking the most complex and interesting questions facing businesses, with what we call ‘uncommon sense’. We're international, but we've never seen size as an end in itself. Our expertise is focused on a few core specialisms, allowing us to deliver results that get noticed. Our people are agile thinkers from a variety of backgrounds, united by a constant curiosity and desire to solve problems. Each client challenge is unique, so instead of relying on generic solutions, we breakdown a problem until we find its root. We don't duck the difficult answers - we give clients the strategies they need.
Internships at OC&C offer a real insight into the world of strategy consulting. Due to each Business School’s recruitment calendar differing, please see below for the application deadline date that refers to you:
London Business School: Sunday 10th January 2021
INSEAD: Sunday 4th April 2021
Other Schools: Sunday 4th April 2021
Please make sure your application is submitted by your Business School’s specific deadline date listed above rather than the advertising end date mentioned on our Careers homepage in order to be considered.
8 Week internship with the London Office, although project location may vary.
The internship programme includes:
- Induction to the firm
- Training (including project skills, advanced excel, research and graphics)
- Real project work (assignment across two projects)
- Exposure to senior leadership
- Buddy / Talent Coach programme
- Intern events including welcome lunch, intern only event and leaving dinner
- Company wide social events
Working as a full member of a project team, interns will gain exposure to senior management and strategic issues - contributing at a high level to the analysis, thought process and client relationship.
- Develop strategic recommendations based on a combination of third-party evidence and primary research
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative information intelligently
- Drive individual workstreams to completion, either independently or managing analysts
- Co-operate effectively with other team members to integrate findings from different workstreams
- Translate strategy into deliverable plans
- Prepare and deliver client presentations
1. Problem solving: using analytical, quantitative, and creative approaches.
2. Written communication: creating clear and concise written documents and visual output
3. Personal impact and oral communication: presenting work clearly and confidently in both internal sessions and client meetings.
4. Team work: participating in teams in a collegial and collaborative manner; carrying out fair share of work; consistently add creative, insightful ideas; leading and motivating others well.
5. Client relationships & professionalism: conducting oneself in a professional manner at all times and contributing to clients' positive view of the project team and OC&C in general.
6. Firm contribution: playing an enthusiastic role in enhancing the Firm's earned reputation for high-calibre client work and in establishing the personality of the Firm and the Office.
What can you expect from us
- Deep sector expertise
- Higher pure strategy focus
- Global opportunities
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Great outside work events
- Less living out of a suitcase