Business Analyst Intern
Pearson is the world’s learning company. We help people of all ages acquire the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in their work and careers. We believe that everyone should be able to keep learning, every day and in every way, throughout their lives. Bringing together everything we know about the science of learning and the latest technology, we’re shaping the future of teaching and learning.
We’re looking for the next generation of talented undergraduates to join our team for an unforgettable 10-week internship. An internship at Pearson is an opportunity to bring your own unique perspective as a learner, together with your academic knowledge, technical skills, and enthusiasm, to help create products used by students like you.
As one of our interns, you will gain a comprehensive introduction to our business. You’ll be assigned to a team and work on real-life projects that bring our products and services to life. On the job training and professional development will be provided to enable you to contribute to the business. You’ll also have direct access to a senior member of the team, as each intern will be mentored to help you make the most of the ten-week program.
Capture and refine business requirements
Meet with business stakeholders
Map requirements to system capabilities
Meet with development engineers to explain requirements
Present business requirement summary to executive management
We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued so that our products reflect the people we serve — our teachers and learners.
Successful candidates will spend 10 weeks working with our technology teams. You will be paid for the duration of your internship. The internship begins on Monday, June 7th and ends Friday, August 13th.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate technical degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss any issues with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Creative and innovative skills with regards to knowledge and awareness of industry trends and digital advances as they relate to new opportunities and business needs
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learning to problems or activities
- A strategic thinker and listener who acquires good problem-solving techniques
- An organized team player who can manage multiple tasks
- Experience in object-oriented development and willingness to learn SaaS CRM declarative configuration and customLightning design development
- Students with predicted upper second class honours degree
- Graduation date between December 2021 and May 2023
- Interns should be within driving distance of office location