Communications Assistant (Technology) Internship
Pearson is the world’s learning company. We help people of all ages acquire the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in their work and careers. We believe that everyone should be able to keep learning, every day and in every way, throughout their lives. Bringing together everything we know about the science of learning and the latest technology, we’re shaping the future of teaching and learning.
We’re looking for the next generation of talented undergraduates to join our team for an unforgettable 10-week internship. An internship at Pearson is an opportunity to bring your own unique perspective as a learner, together with your academic knowledge, technical skills, and enthusiasm, to help create products used by students like you.
As one of our interns, you will gain a comprehensive introduction to our business. You’ll be assigned to a team and work on real-life projects that bring our products and services to life. On the job training and professional development will be provided to enable you to contribute to the business. You’ll also have direct access to a senior member of the team, as each intern will be mentored to help you make the most of the ten-week program.
We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued so that our products reflect the people we serve — our teachers and learners.
What Does the Internship Program Offer?
Successful candidates will spend 10 weeks working with our technology teams.
You will be paid for the duration of your internship. The internship begins on Monday, June 7 th and ends Friday, August 13 th .
- Opportunity to create engaging user-facing content for 30,000 staff by adapting technical information about technical changes and new application and feature releases
- Research and test new products, features and applications to create user guidance and FAQs
- Exposure working with global teams to help prepare and deliver multi-channel campaigns to drive adoption of technologies within the organization
- Event planning and management, create content, presentations and demos for business engagement, including our Champion forum, UserVoice events and Business Leads meetings
- Familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams and gain expertise in applications across the Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Gain experience using the Microsoft Admin message center, Jive-based intranet sites and Jira agile project management system.
- Graduation date between 2021 and 2023
Rationale: This role would be a valuable growth opportunity for anyone interested in technology, communications, engagement, marketing, user experience and/or change management. Pearson’s recent move to Microsoft means we now have access to a suite of powerful collaboration tools that are constantly evolving in line with Microsoft’s agile software development method. At this key time, where our users are adopting new tools, our focus is on the experience of our users – managing and communicating change whilst promoting and supporting adoption through blogs, guides, events and training. It is an exciting and busy time and additional resource would benefit our users, as well as provide valuable learning for interested campus ambassadors.
What you'll need
- Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss any issues with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Ability to create content to deadline and with attention to detail, focusing on understanding and pitching to a target audience
- An organized team player who can manage multiple tasks, work independently and think strategically
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc. and an interest in technology