International Operations Internship
Pearson is the world’s learning company with 22,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We provide content, assessments and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are committed to helping learners acquire the skills they need to enhance their employability and to succeed in the changing world of work. We believe that wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
We’re looking for the next generation of talented undergraduates to join our team for an unforgettable 10-week internship. An internship at Pearson is an opportunity to bring your own unique perspective as a learner, together with your academic knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm to support those who create products used by students like you.
We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued so that our products reflect the people we serve — our teachers and learners.
What does the Internship Program Offer?
Successful candidates will spend 10 weeks working with our Global Operations teams. You will be paid for the duration of your internship which begins on June 7, 2021 and ends August 13, 2021.
As one of our interns in the Global Operations team, you will gain a comprehensive introduction to our business. You’ll be assigned to a team and work on real-life projects that bring our products and services to life. On-the-job training and professional development will be provided to enable you to contribute to the business and to your success!! You’ll also have direct access to a senior member of the team, as each intern will be mentored to help make the most of the 10-week program.
This is as much an opportunity for you to contribute as it is to learn and develop your skills and knowledge.
About the Role
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join the unique world of Global Operations as interns. An internship with the Pearson Global Operations team will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment as well as a superb introduction to our Operations activities in the world of Customer Service, Supply Chain, Property/Real Estate and Procurement.
Our interns will be focusing on project-based initiatives and will work closely with other Pearson team members, including our management team to fulfil our customers' expectations. All projects selected are intended to support your education and career development.
You are likely to join one of our teams in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Logistics, or customer support and service teams and contribute to an on-going transformation or continuous improvement project alongside the day-to-day activities that you will learn about and undertake. Expect to roll your sleeves up and get deeply involved in data mapping, process review, problem solving, testing and more.
You will work alongside our existing teams and interact with a wide range of stakeholders including peers, managers and leaders.
- Students enrolled in an undergraduate degree in General Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, and Customer Service or a related field
- Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss any issues with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Creative and innovative skills with regards to knowledge and awareness of industry trends as they relate to new opportunities and business needs
- Ability to work autonomously, learn quickly and apply learning to problems or activities
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively on how to overcome or mitigate obstacles and risks
- An organized team player who can manage multiple tasks
- Results-driven with analytical skills and the desire to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
- Strong decision-making skills and use sound logic to communicate.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full-time role; if it’s in an operations or customer-facing environment, even better.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau
- Graduation date between 2021 and 2022
- Willing to work to flexible schedules / shifts hours
- Personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!