Graduate Analyst (Investment Banking) London 2024
The Investment Banking Department provides a full range of corporate advisory and broking services, whether this be guiding clients through transactions (such as raising capital or merging with another company) or providing market and sector intelligence.
The Investment Banking Department is sector focused, operating across eight sector verticals (Consumer, Healthcare, Real Estate, Industrials, FIG, Investment Funds, TMT and Natural Resources), aligning the Investment Banking department to leverage Research analysts’ sector knowledge. Dedicated Equity Capital Markets/Syndicate, Debt Capital Markets, Private Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Sponsor coverage and Investor Relations teams work closely with the sector teams in supporting the firm’s clients.
We are looking to recruit Graduate Analysts to join our 1 year Graduate Programme which provides constant exposure to the UK equity capital markets including corporate clients, other advisers and, where appropriate, institutional investors across all of the sector teams.
The role will have the opportunity to rotate across the different sector and product teams within the Investment Banking department as well as the opportunity to sit within Sales and Research during the Programme.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Completing necessary training and working under supervision until deemed competent to perform certified function, following a managerial assessment
- Assisting with the execution of transactions including IPO’s, secondary fundraisings and M&A and other related activities
- Preparing financial and valuation models for a broad range of transactions assessed by corporate clients
- Drafting relevant corporate finance and related transactional documentation
- Preparing marketing presentations for current and potential corporate clients with appropriate research and data analytics
- Supervised day-to-day liaison with corporate clients regarding stock market trends and developments
- Supporting other members of the team as necessary, with analysis, research and due diligence
- Have an understanding of the regulatory environment, and values and abilities consistent with the FCA conduct rules
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree or equivalent
- A keen interest in UK Capital Markets
- Strong numerical, analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrable drive and determination – a self-starter
- Competitive nature, demonstrable high achiever
- Strong work ethic
- High inter-personnel skills to work in/ across multidisciplinary teams and departments as well as with other professional advisers, clients and regulators
- Strong moral compass