Graduate Finance Analyst
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
We’re looking for a Graduate Finance Analyst to join our Commercial Service Delivery team based in Green Park, Reading. PepsiCo UK is undertaking a significant Finance Transformation journey: system standardization, digital dashboards and web-based planning solutions to drive efficiency, agility and far greater transparency. Unlocking the PepsiCo Way to truly Act as Owners by moving from insight to action.
Underpinning all of this is the need to have robust financial data integrity, and the Finance Analyst role will play a pivotal role in achieving this. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to influence and collaborate across a number of functions and levels within the PepsiCo system and become an integral part of the PepsiCo system transformation.
- Administration of the Sales Forecasting System (known as ‘Optimus’, or ‘CAS’) for Walkers, Quaker and Tropicana.
- Timely and accurate creation of new products in the system, including selling price, cost of goods, seasonality, cannibalisation, authorisation lists, etc .
- Set up of the system for following year, to include customer hierarchy, pack price amendments, de-seasonalised baselines .
- Connect with supply chain finance to sense check and challenge cost of goods before loading into system, highlight key changes to commercial finance teams.
- Run forecast cuts at month end and quarterly forecasts. Load overlays as necessary, liaising with Forecasting & Reporting (‘F&R’) teams.
- Close links with sales p administrator to ensure Sales Forecasting System and GL are aligned.
- Provide ad-hoc support to F&R analysts, for example assistance with standard reporting and production of data books.
- Maintenance of the product database (held in Excel). Ensure that the database remains secure and available on Teams for colleagues to view when needed. New product lines will be added and amended if needed. Close working relationships will need to be formed with the F&R Teams and strong communication skills will be required.
- Maintenance of sales files – this will involve getting the Volume, Net Revenue (NR) and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS).
- Running Alteryx workflows for Product file and sales files on an at least weekly basis, interpreting and resolving any errors.
- Communicating with Infosys (Mosaic system support), raising tickets for any issues discovered.
- Requesting new flavours from the Europe/ Global teams if needed, in a timely manner.
- Maintain VAT rates by product line in P&L section
- Degree qualification and motivation to study towards a professional qualification (ACA/CIMA)
- Some finance experience, for example internship or industrial placement
- IT Management: Leverage technology resources against business priorities, identify and prioritize system solutions to enhance functional capability
- Financial Reporting: Provide timely and accurate information for management reporting
- Driving for Results: Demonstrates perseverance and resilience in the pursuit of goals; Confronts and works to resolve tough issues; Exhibits a "can-do" attitude and a willingness to take on significant challenges
- Collaborating and Influencing: Collaborates well with others to deliver results; Keeps others informed so there are no unnecessary surprises; Effectively listens to and understands what other people are saying
- Innovating: Takes the initiative to find ways to get better results; Actively seeks and takes advantage of ideas, best practices, and solutions developed elsewhere; Develops creative solutions and different ways of doing things that add value