R&D Engineering Graduate
We are currently looking for an Engineering Graduate to join our PepsiCo R&D team on a 24month Graduate contract. We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 16 locations across 9 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
The Engineering Graduate role will be challenging and diverse. It will give the successful candidate exposure and experience across Process engineering, Commercialization Engineering and project management disciplines, as well as opportunities for interaction across Global R&D functions, other third-party bodies, and PGCS Manufacturing Operations & Technical Services. There will be opportunities to contribute and make a valued impact within the wider PepsiCo community also, through involvement in global programs and initiatives.
Our Graduate Programme is designed to empower our graduates to develop vital skills and competencies needed for a lasting career with us. We are committed to engaging and progressing new skills and knowledge through a combination of on-site, office based, project-specific experience, experimental learning and formal training, providing our graduates with insights and experience across the business.
Reporting to the R&D L9 Associate Principle Engineer, the engineering graduate program takes two years during which time graduates will have the opportunity to work & support the delivery R&D Concentrate Engineering (Process & Commercialization) agenda included but not limited to:
- Participating in various project teams.
- Work with a highly creative design team to invent and develop innovative new product concepts.
- Investigation, design, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Handover of new processes from development to production.
- Implement quality systems and work closely with Design, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Provide process validation support both internally and with PGCS Manufacturing Operations.
- Develop and qualify new test equipment and methods.
- Research, specify and qualify new test or prototyping equipment.
- Conduct statistical analysis of data and develop detailed reports documenting results, conclusions and recommendations.
- Learn to implement sustainable engineering practices, ensuring sustainability in plant design and operation.
- Build capability and develop subject matter expertise in key areas
- Support and comply with all safety and compliance initiatives on site
- Degree qualification in Food, Process, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn and to actively contribute and add value
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work at all levels in an international organization, both individually and as part of a multi-functional team
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Results oriented and commitment to achieving personal and project objectives
- Previous experience in technical areas, operations, quality, or food safety
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.