Customer Services Executive Intern 2024
Start date: June 2024
What do we require?
- Studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree (or able to transfer onto one)
- A relevant undergraduate degree
- Be available to work for 12 months from June 2024, based in West London
We are Pernod Ricard, a leading company in the global wines and spirits industry with over 19,000 employees globally. We own 16 of the world’s top 100 Spirits Brands and hold one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the industry with 240 premium brands available in over 160 countries, including: Absolut vodka, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater, Malfy and Monkey 47 gins, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes as well Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate and Campo Viejo wines.
Here in the UK
In the UK, Pernod Ricard is made up of 3 businesses:
- Pernod Ricard UK, which markets, sells and distributes our products in the UK and also drives the global development of our iconic Gin brands
- Chivas Brothers, the largest brand company in the Group, responsible for the production and management of our award-winning Scotch whisky portfolio
- Pernod Ricard Global Travel Retail, the global and EMEA home of the group’s duty free, air travel and cruises business.
Your new team
This position sits in our Pernod Ricard UK (PRUK) business. Our diverse population of 300+ passionate employees have been creating conviviality since 2001, bringing our premium brands and unforgettable experiences to the UK. As the world’s 2nd largest spirits market, the UK is a key location for our company.
At PRUK, we have a culture that blends performance and conviviality: we are recognised as an open and diverse business with a firm commitment to our employees’ wellness, inclusion and safety and to making a positive impact on our industry and environment.
The Operations function at Pernod Ricard UK is responsible for the management and development of the company’s inbound supply chain, customer service, quality and procurement activities. The function’s objective is to provide very high levels of service whilst minimising operating costs and working capital.
Key focus areas for the team are: efficient and effective supply and demand planning processes; robust inventory and duty management procedures; engaged and collaborative customer service activities; expert 3PL warehousing and logistics management; all of which are underpinned with a keen focus on quality, sustainability and continuous improvement.
The Procurement team works with stakeholders to respond to business needs and challenges, and to deliver value and cost-effective solutions. POS purchasing and inventory management is led by procurement to support the customer and brand marketing teams in their requirements for customer and consumer activations.
Your unique contribution
You will have three main areas of responsibility:
- Collaborative relationships: represent PRUK as required at any Customer Events / Forums ensuring key information is collated and reported back to Operations, helping improver our service and support key initiatives. Develop strong working relationships with key contacts – Demand and Supply Planning, Commercial, Marketing, Credit Control, Pricing.
- Manage logistics: manage relevant Logistics Queries in-line with agreed timings - To ensure that any service failures are recovered promptly and cost effectively ensuring communication of root cause. Process orders within contractual lead times by customer and meeting demand panning, stock control and commercial requirements. Review all claims before month end to ensure appropriate reason codes have been updated.
- Reporting: accurately and timely completion of scheduled reporting and tasks (OTIF, daily orders, EDI extraction, Sales update, returns, due deliveries, SFA transport log, batch releasing). To escalate pricing queries to the pricing ci-coordinators. To file and archive required documents as per legal obligations.
Who you’ll be working with
Internally, you’ll work with the commercial teams communicating things such as account updates. Customer services team.
Externally, you will work with external customers and third party logistics providers co-ordinating and resolving order/delivery queries.
Your blend of talent
This position could be right for you if you:
- Growth Mindset: You are forward thinking and curious, with a pro-active approach, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. You thrive in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: You achieve results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. You build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: You develop consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer, customer, and Pernod Ricard UK.
- Bold and Agile: You are decisive and courageous, even in the face of difficult and complex situations, and always learns from past experiences. You take ownership of your own workload and development, asking for help where needed. You aren’t afraid to step up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: You strive to be a role model who instils trust, engages teams by giving and receiving feedback, and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: You value diversity of profiles, with a respect for varied backgrounds and lifestyles, and bring an awareness and questioning attitude to help ask the necessary and potentially challenging questions, working to create a sense of inclusivity and belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
Our mix of benefits
For your health, we offer private medical insurance, critical illness cover and an optional healthcare cash plan and dental insurance.
Our lifestyle benefits options include 28 days’ annual holiday, your employee pension, share incentive plan, family care, season ticket loans, free mortgage advice, payroll giving and more!
You can access lots of gifts & discounts, including an allowance each year to spend on our brands in our staff shop and employee discounts from a range of high street retailers.
We have regular events in our very own office bar, employee-run networks, a culture of flexibility and trust and a variety of tools and resources to help you focus on your wellbeing and mental fitness.
Conviviality: the Pernod Ricard Way
We have our own way of doing things. We call it conviviality! It’s our way of being, and something unique you feel and experience when working for Pernod Ricard.
We’re committed to conviviality, and with this, you’ll be Proud to Belong to our Pernod Ricard family. You’ll be Empowered to Perform, supported to succeed, and acknowledged for the value you bring.
We combine all this with our Commitment to Care: we are unlocking the magic of human connection to transform our industry and make a positive impact on the world though our strong focus on sustainability and responsibility.
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion
People are at the heart of everything we do at Pernod Ricard and are the foundation of our collective spirit as ‘Créateurs de Convivialité’.
We promote diversity and inclusion throughout our business and supply chain. In our teams, we proactively foster a diverse work force and an inclusive culture – an environment where we can truly be ourselves.
We will assess your application for this role based on your skills, experiences and achievements, not your gender, age, ethnic or educational background or any other such factors. Please feel free to leave these off your CV and application form if you so wish.
Similarly, if you would like to discuss opportunities for flexible working or require accommodations or support to complete our application process, please let us know.
As ‘Créateurs de convivialité’, we want to turn social interactions into genuine and friendly experiences of sharing and wellbeing.
In our culture, we want to create diverse teams in which our differences contribute to our success. Therefore, all are welcome at Pernod Ricard, regardless of your religious beliefs or personal choices on the consumption of alcohol.
In our business, we work together with industry members, civil society, governments, local authorities and UN bodies to promote responsible drinking.
There are 3 stages to the recruitment process as follows:
- Online application & CV submission
- Blended assessment & video interview
- Assessment centre (to be held in our London offices in January 2024)
During the application form you will have the opportunity to let us know about any adjustments or additional support you may require, after which a member of the team will contact you ensure everything is put in place as you need.
If you think you may need adjustments but aren't sure, or would like to further understand the process and discuss potential options, then please contact the team on the phone number, email or live chat function available in the application portal.