Rotational Graduate Programme 2024
Persimmon’s purpose is to build high quality homes at a range of prices across the UK. We aim to create and protect superior and sustainable levels of value for the benefit of our customers, workforce, suppliers and communities. We are proud to have developed a business based on strong foundations and one where our employees have the opportunity to achieve their full potential which provides the platform for our continued success.
We’re searching for the next generation of visionaries to help us continue to build these sustainable foundations and help drive Persimmon into the future.
You can apply to be based within one of the below regions, where you will then be placed into one of the 31 operating businesses for the start of your graduate scheme.
- Studley, Warwickshire
What will your programme look like and what will you be able to do?
Based in one of Persimmon’s operating businesses you will follow a structured itinerary whilst being mentored by a selected senior member of staff. Your two-year rotational graduate programme will start in September 2024, where you'll spend the first year rotating through some of our key departments. We know that is not always possible to know exactly which role you may want to work, which is why we've structured our programme as a rotational scheme - giving you exposure to each department in order to evaluate where your skills and interests lie.
We will manage your training needs within the various departments, so you won't spend time going over old ground. Some of the key areas you'll work in include:
- Customer Care
Alongside this, you'll spend your first year working on important projects which will be set and reviewed by the main board. You'll then get to work on projects in your local communities where you will put the skills you have learned to the test.
To further your development, we have designed a structed training programme for the duration of the graduate programme. With 8 regional training managers and 5 construction trainers, you'll receive support from day one. Furthermore, if you're looking to acquire professional qualifications, you will have the opportunity to do this. You'll be able to attend further training and development in areas such as leadership, communication, project management, presentations and performance management.
Not all development will take place in the training environment - you will also be taking part in regular reviews of your progress with your workplace mentor and Managing Director to assess your achievements on the programme.
When you progress into year two, you will start to focus on two of the departments where your skills and knowledge are more suited. This decision will be made with you, as well as input from the Managing Director, your workplace mentor and the Group Training Team.
Once this decision is made you will then undertake longer rotations in these roles and be assigned projects that will be more in depth and will challenge you.
What do we offer?
As well as working for one of the UK’s largest home builders who deliver significant contributions to our national and local economy. We also pride ourselves on developing our workforce.
A large part of the success of our business is due to the skills, hard work and commitment of our people. We provide a working environment that is safe, inclusive, supportive and engaging to ensure we have access to and retain the talent we need to focus on our customers and deliver value to the wider society.
The Group has a supportive and hardworking culture where we put our customers first. Our people are encouraged to contribute new ideas in an open environment to enhance Group wide processes. Last year we promoted 374 people within the business. We also devote considerable time to succession planning, ensuring that we have the right people to step up as and when required. As a result, of our current Managing Directors, c.60% have been promoted from within.
As well as all of this we offer:
- £26,000 base salary + bonus scheme
- Pension and private health schemes
- 23 days holiday (increases to 24 after 1 years’ service and 25 after 5 years’ service)
- Persimmon discount scheme (discount on food/groceries, holidays and more)
- A range of career pathways and the opportunity to obtain professional qualifications
- The chance to work with local communities on important projects
- The opportunity to become a Persimmon Ambassador and present in schools, colleges and universities about the industry and your role within Persimmon Homes
What do you need?
At Persimmon we want to attract the best talent from the widest talent pool and as a business we want to reflect the diverse nature of the communities we work in.
To be considered for our graduate programme you will need:
- A 2:1 degree, as we want to attract a diverse workforce this could be in any discipline and from any university. The Programme is intended for degree students in their final year of university or those who have recently graduated
- 3 A levels, ideally at grades A-C
- A passion for our industry and a desire to help meet the housing needs of the UK
- Ambition to succeed and to bring new ideas to the business
- Drive and willingness to learn, we’ll support you all the way. And you can be sure you’ll be more than just a number here.
- Flexibility to travel and work across the UK for some of your programme
- Ability to work with your own initiative as well as the ability to communicate effectively as part of a team, building relationships both internally and externally
- A full driving licence, with a maximum of 3 penalty points, and access to your own vehicle (upon starting the programme)
There are 4 stages to the recruitment process as follows:
- Online application & CV submission
- Blended assessment & video interview
- Assessment centre (to be held virtually in Feb 2024)
- Final Round Interview
During the application form you will have the opportunity to let us know about any adjustments or additional support you may require, after which a member of the team will contact you ensure everything is put in place as you need.
If you think you may need adjustments but aren't sure, or would like to further understand the process and discuss potential options, then please contact the team on the phone number, email or live chat function available in the application portal