Software Development Placement Reading 2024
We are a fast-growing company currently recruiting exceptionally talented individuals, with a passion for the industry, to join our development team as an intern. You will gain hands-on experience in app development and support and contribute to generating new ideas.
We develop innovative, cutting-edge software that makes a difference. AppFox is the product team at Automation Consultants responsible for building cutting edge software and apps that transform leading collaboration tools.
Our apps are used by over 1,500 companies worldwide to make a difference to their business. Our customers include globally recognised brands such as Deloitte, Goldman Sachs and Mercedes-Benz.
- Currently studying a Computer Science based subject.
- A knowledge of cloud-based technologies, such as AWS and Kubernetes is beneficial.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Demonstrable personal development projects – e.g., Open Source and Github
- Confidence in putting forward new ideas and collaborating with the team.
- Proven ability to work independently and still deliver to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of Atlassian is beneficial.
What you can expect working for Automation Consultants:
- Perform front and back-end development on products and applications.
- Assist in the design of new products and interfaces in existing products.
- Gain experience in performance testing (unit and front-end)
- Share knowledge and new methods or technologies with the team.
- Learn from and work as part of a dynamic and highly skilled team.
- Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
- 33 days holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours and environment
- Dedicated ongoing training plan and budget.
- Top Spec Machine
- Green working initiatives such as our cycle to work scheme and electric charging points for E-Vehicles.
- Onsite gym, showers, yoga lessons and more.
- Regular company-wide events, team social events
Automation Consultants are a leading, dynamic and forward-thinking company in the technology industry. We work with a number of companies across the UK, delivering industry recognised automation solutions, software development and technical support.
We are a fast-growing company currently recruiting in a number of roles. We pride ourselves on our contemporaneity and innovation and welcome applications from ambitious, energetic and driven individuals.