Structural Engineering Summer Placement 2024
Are you looking to be part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering outstanding places and spaces that create lasting value for clients and communities for generations to come? Join us for a Summer Placement where you’ll be given interesting and complex design work, with full support from the team around you.
From day one, you’ll be working on real projects, giving you understanding of the wide variety of our work and opportunities. From high-profile national projects as part of a large design team, to smaller projects you’ll gain experience of design, surveying, and inspection of construction. You’ll be developing concept designs, producing calculations, and collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders.
Our projects span the full breadth of the built environment, providing opportunity to enhance your technical skills and take on client-facing roles, and explore your own skills and interests. Working across the public and private sector, our recent projects include work on the Parliamentary Estate, Cairngorm Funicular and the UK’s first subsea cable factory.
Your team will support you in taking ownership of your project work, sharing knowledge and providing support as you take on responsibility. In an employee focused environment, you’ll be encouraged to share your thoughts and ideas, to add value to our project delivery and drive our projects towards net zero.
As an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, architects, and designers you’ll learn and collaborate together, creating holistic designs that make a meaningful impact on the built environment.
What you’ll bring
You’ll need enthusiasm, a proactive work ethic and willingness to take on responsibility; along with a design to learn and be looking to work towards professional accreditation. A desire for teamwork and collaboration will be key, along with a passion for sustainability and creative design.
What you’ll need
- Be driven to continually learn and develop and take on responsibility and new opportunities.
- Be curious and collaborative, pushing yourself and others to find innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- Flexible in your approach to different ways of working and an excellent communicator.
- Strong digital skills and desire to use digital technology to push the boundaries of design and construction.
- An understanding of technical standards, design codes and analysis/design software.
- Working towards a Degree in a relevant engineering subject, 2:1 MEng or MSc level is preferable.
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun. Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business. You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.