Account Analyst Summer Internship Munich 2024
PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives – regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
You are eligible to apply if you
- Are a currently pursuing an Undergraduate/Master’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2024 – June 2025
- On track to achieve a minimum 2:1 degree (or the equivalent) at an accredited college or university
- Are fluent in German, business proficient in English, fluency in additional European languages is highly desirable
You’ll excel as an Account Analyst if you
- Show strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Are motivated to provide best-in-class client service and build strong client relationships
- Possess a strong analytical skill set
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Show ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing, which enable you to operate in a complex financial and mathematical environment
- Possess a strong passion for innovation to contribute to the continous improvement of our work processes and outcomes
- Are results orientated, possess attention to detail and strong time management skill
- Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
Internship positions are located in Munich, Germany.
See yourself as an Account Analyst
As an Account Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic role that supports the servicing of PIMCO's Institutional clients and Global Wealth Management (GWM) businesses.
You will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and discussing economic and market trends, evaluating portfolio structures, and delivering attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients.
You will also have the chance to collaborate with PIMCO's investment professionals, including Account Managers, Product Managers, and Portfolio Managers, to ensure the highest level of service to our clients.
This is a forward-thinking role that will give you the opportunity to gain valuable experience and knowledge in the financial industry. Additionally, the Account Analyst will be expected to leverage artificial intelligence to provide the highest level of service and continuously improve outcomes for PIMCO's clients.
The PIMCO Internship Experience
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2024
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- From Week 2 onwards you will be placed in one of our Account Management teams and experience day-to-day client work
- You will showcase the skills and knowledge you have learned through the PIMCO training and experience gained from the day-to-day work within your team, by presenting an investment strategy to your colleagues and delivering a project
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns
How you should apply
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment. For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.