Junior Re-Recording Mixer 2021
For over 80 years, Pinewood Studios have made dreams a reality, enabling storytellers to bring their creations to life on the big and small screen. From superspies to superheroes and galaxies far, far, away, there are no limits to the worlds that can be created on a Pinewood stage.
The Junior Re-recording Mixer role delivers services across two key areas within Post Production. The first is being responsible for delivering foreign language version mixes to the extremely high standards our clients expect and within challenging deadlines. The second is to identify, prepare and support the smooth running of Mixing and Recording for domestic sound dry-hire clients from a technical perspective. They would support Re-recording Mixers to ensure they are experiencing the first-class facilities that they expect.
- Mixing Foreign Versions to a very high standard within set timelines.
- Responsible for keeping central database up to date that drives both the scheduling of the team and the reporting delivered to the client.
- Performing ad hoc editorial tasks including: Incoming tracks QC and Preparation (“Loads”), QC & Deliverables creation.
- Responsible for the set up and technical support of any mix theatre used by Dry-Hire clients using Engineering Team resource as appropriate.
- Working with Engineering Team to address any technical issues that arise throughout sound mixes in the theatres.
- Ensuring Dry-Hire clients receive a high level of customer service.
- Responsible for the set-up of ADR sessions, including individual/group sessions and Source Connect / Skype / Zoom sessions.
- Managing the creation and distribution of final mastered audio files to our clients on completion of a job leveraging in-house Sound Editorial and Digital Asset Coordinator resources as appropriate.
- Acting as the first point of contact for Dry-Hire clients and Sound Teams when assigned to a Dry-Hire project ensuring any issues are escalated to the relevant managers as appropriate.
Skills and experience
- Audio or Music related degree desirable.
- Experience Mixing and Editing using Avid Pro Tools.
- Previous experience of working in audio post production.
- Knowledge of using Avid Pro tools control surfaces including Icon and Avid S6.
- Knowledge of mixing dialogs for theatrical releases in all sound formats including 5.1, 7.1.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure to strict deadlines.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- A ‘good ear’ with the ability to analyse a mix and make appropriate corrections.
- Able to work some evening and weekends as required.
- Able to travel and to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton studios on an ad hoc basis.
- Role location: Pinewood and Shepperton Studios
- Job grade: 4 Upper
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Annual discretionary bonus based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including comprehensive private healthcare cover from Bupa, 25 days holiday, dental and optical cover, 24/7 virtual GP service from Babylon, gym and retail discounts, canteen subsidy and free film screenings
We provide free transport from nearby tube and mainline rail stations to the studios. Details of our shuttle bus service are available on our website.
We are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.