2021 Analyst - Strategic Advisory & Restructuring
PJT Partners is a global advisory-focused investment bank. Our team of senior professionals delivers a wide array of strategic advisory, shareholder advisory, restructuring and special situations and private fund advisory and placement services to corporations, financial sponsors, institutional investors and governments around the world. We offer a unique portfolio of advisory services designed to help our clients achieve their strategic objectives. We also provide, through PJT Park Hill, private fund advisory and fundraising services for alternative investment managers, including private equity funds, real estate funds and hedge funds.
Analysts in London will have the opportunity to work across the Strategic Advisory Group and Restructuring & Special Situations Group:
- The Strategic Advisory Group consists of one of the most experienced investment banking teams in the industry, and has been involved in some of the largest, most complex transactions of the past twenty years. Our global team focuses on a diverse set of industries, including financial institutions, healthcare, industrials, energy, power & utilities, real estate, and technology, media & telecommunications.
- The Restructuring and Special Situations Group advises large companies, governments, and creditor groups in financially distressed situations. The group has been involved in most of the largest and most high-profile reorganizations that have occurred in the last decade. In a restructuring transaction, a wide range of strategic advisory services are provided, including advice on recapitalizations, reorganizations, corporate valuations, exchange offers, distressed mergers and acquisitions, and raising debt and equity capital.
Upon completion of training, Analysts will work on a wide range of transactions including sellsides, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, recapitalizations, private placements and leveraged buyouts. Analysts are expected to be involved with the development, structuring and financing of transactions and regularly attend client and internal meetings, negotiations and due diligence sessions.
Analyst work will include:
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Drafting of client presentations
- Preparation of memoranda for internal and external use
- Conducting financial and other business related research
- Coordinating complex and often time sensitive processes
- Active involvement in client facing situations
- Assistance in the execution of transactions
- Participation in talent development efforts including recruiting
PJT Partners seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have excellent academic, leadership and extracurricular records.
In addition, qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Outstanding qualitative and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Robust organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated interest in the technology sector
- Basic knowledge of accounting and finance
To be considered for the 2021 Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate* student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2020 – Spring 2021
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year
- Resume must be in PDF format
* Post-graduates, MBAs and experienced hires should refer to the Associate or Experienced hire opportunities listed on our career site.