Graduate Civils Design Engineer Coatbridge 2023
The Powerlines Group GmbH is the leading European supplier for railway electrification. The company group is active in the business segments RAIL, PRODUCTS and ENERGY. In the RAIL segment, Powerlines is a full service provider and offers its customers the whole range of services from Consulting and System Design to Installation and Maintenance.
- Assist to produce designs and specifications supporting the engineering development of civils designs.
- Undertake design calculations such as foundation designs with support of tools or appropriate software.
- Review compliance against appropriate standards,
- Ensure that up to date records of individual projects are maintained and are available for audit purpose.
- Co-operation with technical and commercial project management regarding time schedules and project costs.
- Assist in the production and provide input to OLE design drawings.
- Participate in the selection of a single option for further development. Prepare or monitor preparation of reports, papers etc as necessary.
- Support the design team with managing the engineering interfaces in other disciplines, or within other programmes.
- Implement a safe by design approach on all projects.
- Engineering Degree Qualification
- Willingness to work in a technical design role and to support others.
- Willingness to learn and develop within the role.
- Ability to work as a wider team and to communicate to others.
- An organised and methodical approach to tasks,
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both written & verbal.
- An understanding of engineering principles,
- Able to recognise the importance of following procedures associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Self-Motivated to achieve goals.
- Ability to stay calm & make informed decisions.
- Computer literate, including computer software such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel to different locations as and when required.
We offer you
- A varied, responsible and challenging position
- An open, dynamically growing international business environment
- The opportunity to actively participate in the development of the company