Customer Graduate Scheme St Albans 2024
This is a ’commercial’ graduate scheme where the successful candidates will join a pivotal commercial business function within an FMCG environment. The functions' key purpose is to grow our business by improving our sales and profit performance resulting in it sitting at the heart of everything we do.
This means you will need to be a quick learner, love working in a fast-moving environment, be able to develop first class communication and commercial skills and enjoy early responsibility.
- The Scheme is 18 months in duration and is based in our St Albans office in Hertfordshire
- It starts in September on the same date as all our other Graduates (this is key as you all join as a cohort)
- You will then spend 3 months with ‘Reach’ (our field sales team), learning about our customers, our Brands and how and why our consumers buy our products. We will issue you with a car for these 3 months, so you will need to be able to drive.
- You will then have two head office placements to give you a broad understanding of the commercial function at Premier Foods. Placements can be in any of these areas: Category Management, Commercial Planning, Online Trading, International, Customer Marketing or our Own Label team.
- Assuming you perform and achieve the standard we expect, at the end of the scheme we will promote you to Customer Account Exec, Category Exec or another suitable role that matches your skills.
What will you get from us?
- A great induction! Including a Corporate Induction and time in at least one of our Manufacturing locations
- A fantastic opportunity to gain valuable commercial experience and exposure in your three placement roles
- During the scheme you will attend various off-job training courses that will support your personal development
- You will receive regular reviews and feedback from your line manager - all to help you learn and develop
- You will work alongside some experienced commercial professionals and learn on-the-job all of our processes and ways and working. You will be given early responsibility which will give you exposure to key business activity
- At the end of the scheme, we will continue to support your career progression and development, the pace of which will be dictated by two things – your personal capability and potential and the right opportunity becoming available
What will we expect from you?
- The permanent right to work in the UK
- To take ownership for your own learning and show commitment to the scheme and to the role you perform
- Team player – we are all in it together here at Premier Foods
- If you are not already ‘commercially aware’’, we will need you to develop this thinking quickly
- We operate Hybrid working. This means working part of the week in the office and part of the week at home (you can work 5 days in the office if you want to), but this is not a full-time homeworking role.
- Our graduates play a role in supporting our ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) strategy, primarily around being charity/volunteering champions
- Starting salary of £30,000 per annum
- Full funding and study support for your procurement qualification
- Relocation support loan
- Pension and life assurance
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- A business mentor
- Employee discount platform - The Hamper
- Employee assistance scheme
The next step
Click apply to submit your CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
A great British food company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
At Premier foods we believe in inclusion, authenticity and individuality. We aim to ensure all existing and future colleagues are given equitable opportunities and are respected, valued and encouraged to bring their true authentic selves to work no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love or what they believe in. Our culture is one where everyone is welcome.