Construction Placement Solihull 2024
At Prologis, we acquire, develop and maintain the largest collection of high-quality logistics real estate in the world. Our scale allows us to consistently seek to innovate and provide best in class developments, taking a people centric approach to modern warehouse design.
In the UK, we have a portfolio of over 100 industrial/logistics buildings in prime locations. For additional information go to www.prologis.com and www.prologis.co.uk
Prologis is offering a unique one-year placement opportunity for a smart, knowledgeable and enthusiastic graduate. You will gain invaluable Construction Project Management experience.
This placement will be within our in-house Development Management team, who manage the technical aspects of site acquisition, masterplan design, planning, sustainability, procurement and delivery of construction works for our developments throughout the UK. You will gain invaluable experience working with our ‘client side’ Development Managers on large scale industrial development projects. You will also receive high quality mentorship during the placement and your experience will count towards your APC accreditation.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Support for the Development Management team in the following areas:
- Technical evaluation of land and building acquisitions
- Assist with technical/cost data collection and analysis on historic and recently completed projects
- Preparation, submission and implementation of planning consents
- Procurement, tendering and negotiation of major new build construction projects
- Administration of Building Contracts
- Preparing for and attending progress meetings
- Snagging inspections and making good of defects
- Opportunity to gain on site experience
- The possibility of running your own mini projects under the supervision of the team
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent A level results and on track for a 2:1 or above in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Buildling Surveyor degree
- Valid passport/visa to work in the UK and a valid driving licence as there will be some UK travel
- Keen interest/experience in industrial property, development and the real estate business
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and real estate specific software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness capabilities
- Strong analytical capabilities