Systems Engineer (Student and Graduate Opportunities Malvern 2024
It's an exciting time to join one of our Early Careers programmes at QinetiQ. We are always looking for great people to join our team, whether you are taking your first steps in starting a career or you are looking to make a career change, we have a wide range of exciting opportunities for you.
About the team
QinetiQ’s UK Intelligence business helps our customers to respond to constantly evolving threats, based on our expertise in secured navigation, radar & electronic warfare, secure communication platforms, intelligence, surveillance and cyber security. We deliver Mission Winning Innovation into global defence, security, and critical national infrastructure markets through provision of ‘customer-friend’ advice, acquisition support, and solution development activities.
QinetiQ's Systems Engineers are renowned for providing high quality, independent technical advice to a wide range of customers, in support of their major acquisition programmes, and for developing our own range of world-leading products. We are looking for people to join our growing team of Systems Engineers who are interested in applying and developing their technical expertise, across a number of domains, both military and commercial.
What will I be doing?
There are opportunities to work in the following Domains and Activities:
- Communications & Information Systems (particularly in the military land environment)
- Cyber and Security
- Electronic Warfare and Radar
- Research & Innovation
- Secured Navigation (particularly Global Navigation Satellite Systems – GNSS)
- Application of Systems Engineering principles across the lifecycle i.e. concept development, requirements capture, architecting, design, delivery, verification and validation.
- Consultancy and Business Analysis
- Product Development (full lifecycle)
- Engagement with customers and developing new propositions
You will need to be working towards (for Year in Industry Placements) or have attained (for Graduate placements) a degree with a key focus on any of the disciplines listed: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) degrees, particularly covering Systems Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Communications, Information and Mechanical Engineering.
- Have an understanding of systems engineering.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated team member that takes ownership of tasking whilst operating collaboratively within a dynamic team.
- Able to communicate clearly and present to a wide range of audiences.
- Flexible approach to tasking, potentially be able to support multiple projects or tasks in a variety of stages of development.
How will I be supported?
As a graduate or Year in Industry Placement student, you will join our vibrant cohort of Early Careers employees and benefit from a structured development to ensure you kick-start your career in the best possible way. You’ll benefit from:
- Working within one or more experienced teams under the direction of a technical line manager.
- A structured approach to career development and performance management through your functional manager.
- Internal training courses in the systems engineering discipline delivered by QinetiQ experts.
- Support and mentorship towards achieving Chartership registered status with an institute best suited to your career.
- Personalised training and development through the Personal Development Fund.
- Social and networking events through the Cortex social network for new starters.
- Joining an informal network of talented Early Careers employees across QinetiQ, both nationally and globally.
In accordance with our National Security Vetting requirements, all applicants must also be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
Please note that under immigrations rules, our Early Careers roles do not meet the legal threshold for candidates who are residents of the UK on student visas.