Graduate Project Analyst 2021
Quick Release is a high-growth management consultancy focused on business transformation for global organizations delivering complex engineered products. We work with a range of customers (from start-ups to global brands) to release the untapped potential of their people, systems, processes and data, so they can get better, greener products to market faster and more efficiently.
In practice, we are problem solvers and advisors who use a combination of quality data and reporting, project management, people skills and the collective knowledge of our talented team to challenge and improve the way companies develop and manufacture their products. We don’t just propose solutions, we roll up our sleeves, get stuck in and deliver them.
We aim for every Quick Release team member to:
- Enjoy and feel a sense of ownership of their work,
- Get recognition and feel valued for their contribution,
- Gain the support and encouragement they need to develop personally and professionally.
We love to learn, we love our colleagues, we love making a difference, and we love to make people smile.
As a business, we’ve been very successful in achieving our aims over the past 15 years, growing to 240 team members across five countries, with 150 across various locations in the UK.
Right now, we are seeking multiple recent graduates as well as more experienced technical project managers and management consultants to join our teams in Warwick and Essex (commutable from London) between April and July 2021, and start out on their paths to becoming QR’s leaders of the future.
What are we looking for?
- You have an outstanding academic record, with a Bachelor's degree (2.1 Hons or above), Master's or PhD in any discipline.
- You're ambitious and committed to continuous learning and development.
- You love solving problems and thinking up smart solutions.
- You’re positive, outgoing and gregarious – you genuinely value professional relationships and you’re willing to put the effort into nurturing them.
- You’re unafraid of presenting to groups, with great speaking and listening skills.
- You’ll need to be good with data… but as long as you can show potential, we can teach most of this.
- You genuinely enjoy owning your own projects and working hard to see them succeed.
If you answered “yes – that’s me” to ALL of the above, then we want to hear from you!
What would you be doing (the first 6 months)?
- Learning the QR approach to problem-solving and upskilling on the technical side of product data management. (PDM).
- Learning about the automotive industry, product development and product lifecycle management, and our role as thinkers and doers.
- Ramping up your involvement on automotive product development projects, supporting engineers and program managers with their PDM challenges.
- Developing the skills and knowledge required to take more ownership of automotive PDM projects as you start to work independently.
- Growing your network of colleagues and client stakeholders by becoming a human interaction guru.
- Using your talent to support other areas of the business e.g. talent acquisition, business development, social responsibility, wellbeing or marketing.
- Teaching us your talents and ambitions and planning out a progression, training and development plan with your line manager, with routes into team leadership, management consultancy and (software) solution development.
- Salaries start from £32k plus an excellent package of other benefits.
- 24 days paid vacation as standard (plus holiday trading).
- Career and progression planning that is based on merit, and not on number of years of service.
- The opportunity to experience big business and small start-ups, with projects that can be hard work, exciting and rewarding.
- A Grade A team of smart and friendly colleagues who will support and value you. We celebrate our successes together and we share the pain when we don’t succeed.
- No-one does what we do, so we’ve had to get good at training and development, and our growth means opportunities for internal progression.
- While we’d prefer you to have a long and rewarding career with QR, our team members are always in demand for senior roles with other companies.
A word on Covid-19 working…
We always look after our team’s mental and physical wellbeing, so we combine working from home with safe working on-site with clients when and where we can. We hope to get back to majority working on-site soon, but only when it’s safe to do so.
The Application and Assessment Process
Please apply via the online form.
We only hire the brightest talent, so please take at least a few minutes to consider your answers to the application form questions and the content of your CV before you hit send. We only progress those applications that are completed in full, with a well-presented resume (maximum 2 pages).
QR’s Talent Acquisition team will guide you through each step of the process, and we include plenty of opportunities for you to find out more about our team and the projects we’re working on, but we strongly advise that you spend some time on our website, Glassdoor and LinkedIn pages before applying, and certainly before interview.