Business Development Industrial Placement Wolverhampton 2024
Are you looking to kick-start your career with a flying start within the Aerospace industry? Then consider joining us here at Collins Aerospace where you can learn more about the industry whilst finishing your degree.
Collins Aerospace is one of the 3 subsidiaries of Raytheon Technologies and is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry.
Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re working side-by side with customers on exciting industry possibilities. With a comprehensive portfolio, extensive capabilities and broad expertise, we're crafting intelligent solutions to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market - all representing the best in innovation and technology for the industries we serve across commercial, business, space, and military and defense aviation.
Every 12 seconds a flight around the world takes off – and our work is on it. We propel aerospace, defence and the other industries we support far beyond imagination, but there is more work to be done. We need your ideas, inspiration and solutions to continue to help us redefine aerospace.
At Collins Aerospace, our BD professionals are the key contributors for the identification, targeting and capture of viable new business opportunities in accordance with the objectives stated within the Strategic Plan.
We are looking for a talented individual with a passion for Business Development to join the team. This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development, experience exciting challenges and build the foundations of your career in Business Development.
Upon joining our team your typical responsibilities might include:
- Maintaining the marketing database for new business opportunities and competitor analysis.
- Revise, create as necessary and then maintain company’s promotional material such as brochures, data sheets, trade show publications and media for other trade events.
- Internal liaison and maintaining of company’s internal web site.
- Quantification and preparation of data for input to Strategic Plan
- Represent Marketing and Business Development on appropriate internal trade show council teams and support tradeshows
- Liaise with internal departments as well as other divisions to coordinate participation at Trade shows and events.
- Liaise with internal departments to coordinate and prepare press releases in accordance with Collins Aerospace procedures.
- Support proposal activities from enquiry to contract award
- Develop and maintain market/segment and portfolio analysis
- Implement and maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Report customer metrics MFA, OTIF, Quality and Sales and GM
- Maintain current and future customer analysis including customer organizational charts and points of contact
- Analysis industry news and communicate internally
Job Holder Requirements
A current undergraduate studying a degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or similar on track to achieve a 2:1 or above.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- General knowledge and understanding of international aerospace and associated industries an advantage
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Able to empathetically communicate Customer and Employee expectations
- Operates with the highest level of personal integrity.
- Computer literate; familiar with general PC software (e.g. Windows, MS Office)
- Good written and oral English language skills
- Able to undertake occasional domestic and overseas travel as required
- Flexible approach, calm under pressure and responsive to change
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 25 days annual holiday).
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success!
Our Commitment to DE&I
Diversity drives innovation, inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
We are An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.