Contract Management Industrial Placement Wolverhampton 2024
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry.
Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Every 1.4 seconds a flight around the world takes off – and our work is on it. We propel aerospace, defence and the other industries we support far beyond imagination, but there is more work to be done. We need your ideas, inspiration and solutions to continue to help us redefine aerospace.
To provide effective and efficient support to the whole of Actuation Business (part of Advanced Structures) covering all value streams, helping to ensure that products are delivered to customer on time, to the correct quality in a safe manner. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Completion and/or provision of information to the negotiation of terms and pricing. Assistance to and provision of information to negotiations and decision-making requiring escalation for resolution.
- Responsible for existing contractual relationships with customers.
- Generation of business case models and gaining approval, ensuring contractual sign off in accordance with approvals matrix, and preparation and issue of contractual proposals.
- Contract review and management ensuring adherence to contractual requirements.
- Presentation, analysis and interpretation of Contracts & Commercial data with recommendations for the way ahead to facilitate decision making.
- Prepare contract summaries of new and existing contracts and brief multi-disciplined teams as to the obligations and contractual risks.
- Providing contractual support and advice to multi-functional teams.
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements and contract clauses in line with corporate guidelines.
- Contract risk and opportunity management.
- Conformance to contract and business processes.
- Compliance to International Trade requirements.
Personal characteristics & qualifications
- Degree or working towards grade 2:1 or above or in business/finance or law related field.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and organisation skills
- Flexible approach, calm under pressure and responsive to change
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Operates with the highest level of personal integrity.
- Computer literate; familiar with general PC software (e.g. Windows, MS Office)
- Good written and oral English language skills
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you’re interested in a Contracts Management Work Placement with Collins Aerospace, we would love to hear from you.
Important: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 185 hours of annual holiday).
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success!
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.