Digital Operations Project Management Industrial Placement Wolverhampton 2024
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry.
Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We are looking for a talented individual to undertake a 12-month paid work placement within our Digital Operations team, starting in July 2024.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team that will be supporting Wolverhampton through its Digital Journey. We have numerous exciting projects in all areas of the business, many demanding new solutions, development, and application integration. You will be supporting the business in working towards industry 4.0 and helping create an integrated and connected factory which brings value to the customer and the business.
The challenges start on day one, as you share responsibility for major business decisions. We are proud of our long-standing tradition of developing talent, and investing great energy in developing top class professionals who can operate effectively across our diverse workforce.
Upon joining our team your typical responsibilities might include:
- Digital Strategy – working with leaders and specialists from around the business as we develop and execute our Digital Strategy.
- Development of key business metrics, applications and reports that aim to bring value to the customer and business.
- Digital Transformation – you will take an active role in the implementation of various projects in support of the Digital Strategy as we transform our business into a smart factory. Key activities may include:
- Automation of transactions
- Automation of data collection
- Automation of reporting
- Intelligent business models
- Digital cost management – working with the business to secure cost reduction opportunities and to get best value for our expenditure.
- System Support – providing systems support for some of our key applications.
Undergraduate studying a technology-based subject who has a genuine interest in Information Technology and computing. You will be able to demonstrate_
- A drive for continuous improvement
- Self-Motivated individual
- Able to multi-task and prioritise own work.
- Ability to build strong relationships and be a team player.
- A can do, find a way, attitude.
- Experience of delivering high quality work to deadline
- Creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation, and self confidence
- Must display initiative and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Ideally demonstrate some form of project management skills.
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you’re interested in a Digital Technology Placement with Collins Aerospace, we would love to hear from you.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.