Finance Analyst Industrial Placement Wolverhampton 2024
Are you looking to kick-start your career with a flying start within the Aerospace industry? Then consider joining us here at Collins Aerospace where you can learn more about the industry whilst finishing your degree.
Collins Aerospace is one of the 3 subsidiaries of Raytheon Technologies and is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry.
Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re working side-by side with customers on exciting industry possibilities. With a comprehensive portfolio, extensive capabilities and broad expertise, we're crafting intelligent solutions to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market - all representing the best in innovation and technology for the industries we serve across commercial, business, space, and military and defense aviation.
Every 1.4 seconds a flight around the world takes off – and our work is on it. We propel aerospace, defence and the other industries we support far beyond imagination, but there is more work to be done. We need your ideas, inspiration and solutions to continue to help us redefine aerospace.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Finance team at AS Actuation UK. The role is based at our Wolverhampton site, you will either be selected to work in Head Office or work with the local Wolverhampton team.
You will have the opportunity to build a deep knowledge of business imperatives and operational issues, as well as the opportunity to fully participate in the business. The Finance function is a site based team who work closely with all areas of the business to deliver our strategic people priorities with solutions that are linked directly to aerospace leadership using best-in-class Finance practices. This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges.
The challenges start on day one, as you share responsibility for major business decisions. We are proud of our long standing tradition of developing talent, and investing great energy in developing top class professionals who can operate effectively across our diverse workforce.
Upon joining our team your responsibilities might include:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly accounts, including completing tasks on behalf of both the financial accounts and management accounts functions
- Completion of monthly financial control processes such as journal and spreadsheet checks
- Preparation and ownership of assigned balance sheet reconciliations
- Assistance with Sarbanes Oxley self-assessment audits & documentation
- Preparation of management information
- Participate in department meetings and workshops; helping the department to achieve its strategic plan and continuous improvement objectives.
- Work with the programs, engineering, operations and commercial teams to create a financial bid model through to completion
- Assist with reviewing Supply Chain cost reduction activities for the 2023 plan and monitoring progress and inclusion in P&L, with all depts. aligned
- Work with the finance team to improve/automate processes
- Present one topic every 6 months on finance for non-finance to the business
- Assist finance analyst with variance analysis and resolution with operations teams
- Ad hoc projects where required
Job Holder Requirements
- A current undergraduate studying a Finance degree or a degree in a related field (Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Business Management), who has a genuine interest in pursuing a career within Finance.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A drive for continuous improvement
- Self-Motivated individual
- Able to multi-task and prioritise own work
- Ability to build strong relationships and be a team player
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of delivering high quality work to deadline
- Creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self confidence
- Must display initiative and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically the use of Microsoft Excel to filter, clean, identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 25 days annual holiday).
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success!
Our Commitment to DE&I
Diversity drives innovation, inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
We are An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.