Junior Animator (Sci-fi Shooter) Warwick 2024
For 30 years we’ve been independently developing and publishing incredible video games at our multiple studios founded by Jason & Chris Kingsley, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support flexible/hybrid working options.
We are on the hunt for a talented Junior Animator to play a key role in helping shape a brand-new IP, at a company with a history of making exciting 3rd person shooters.
With guidance, you will begin to create animation content for our projects. You will maintain consistency within your work and ensure that it is in line with the project’s technical constraints and artistic direction. You will help create innovative movements and behaviours for an unannounced, Sci-Fi shooter game.
- With feedback and guidance, create consistent high-quality animations which can be shared across the project.
- Use your knowledge of the principles of animation to create 3D animations.
- Have an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Collaborate and interpret feedback from other disciplines to create engaging animations.
- Develop an understanding of our custom engine and tools.
- Clean, fix and polish motion capture data.
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using JIRA.
- Experience using 3d software such as Maya or equivalent animation software.
- Basic understanding of acting techniques, cinematography, and visual storytelling.
- Able to animate realistic human motion.
- Ability to collaborate with technical animators in relation to rigging and skinning.
- Basic knowledge of production pipelines.
- You're a self-learner with a passion and excitement for game development and animation.