Environmental Data Account Manager 2023
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
You will assist in driving this goal by supporting the delivery of accurate and timely data declarations as specified by environmental legislation and voluntary commitments. You will help support our customers to comply with environmental legislation and give insights to the packaging they handle, allowing them to make meaningful changes with confidence.
What will I be doing?
The Account Manager role is dual-focused and there are opportunities available to specialise in UK or international compliance.
Managing a portfolio of accounts and being the dedicated point of contact, you will:
- Have a customer focussed approach that builds a strong working relationship with the customer, and provides excellent customer service
- Utilise your strong data analysis and excel background to:
- Articulate complex data problems/processes back to customers in a way that is easy to understand
- Manipulate and analyse large volumes of data
- Use your excellent communication skills to:
- Liaise with compliance schemes, customers, and third parties to ensure compliance with a range of legislation and voluntary commitments
- Build up knowledge of various compliance regulations and commitments via research/building relationships with contacts
- Deepen your understanding of the customer requirements and the industries they operate in
- Be proactive and pose a solution orientated problem solving ability to identify service development areas, supporting a culture of continuous improvement
- Use your resource planning skills to ensure that all deliverable deadlines are planned and met to a high degree of accuracy
- Be resilient to high volumes of communication and deadlines
What skills will I need?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A customer focused approach
- Ability to quickly take on large quantities of technical information
- Advanced IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Solution orientated problem-solving ability
- Collaborative working style
- Excellent planning, scheduling and organization skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
- Dual location / hybrid worker status
- Company annual bonus – up to 10%
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (extra days based on long service)
- Option to join private medical insurance scheme
- Life Assurance, Critical Illness and Disability Income cover
- Staff rewards and discount platform
- Option to join bike to work scheme and/or subsidised gym membership
- Pension scheme with Prudential
- Volunteering day
- Employee Assistant Programme and Wellbeing App access