International Account Manager
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
The role involves undertaking research into the requirements of environmental compliance legislation overseas, confirming companies’ obligations and assisting with their compliance.
What will I be doing?
As an International Account Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring customers’ compliance outside of the UK, by:
- Being the first point of contact for incoming phone calls and emails
- Explaining and selling international services to prospective clients
- Following up all leads and opportunities and attending sales meetings where necessary
- Developing a good understanding of the requirements placed on organisations, so that swift and accurate responses can be provided
- Understanding legislation to a high level, in order to manage companies’ compliance on their behalf
- Ensuring clients have a clear understanding of their obligations under various international legislation
- Completing legal documentation, coordinating with various authorities, schemes, and the client
- Understanding compliance requirements (often in multiple countries) and building relationships with key contacts
- Ensuring diplomacy and professionalism to maximise third party relations
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of EU and non-EU regulations
You will have
- Excellent organisational skills, and customer service standards
- Competency to multitask, prioritise and manage own workload with limited supervision
- Confident, positive, proactive, enthusiastic nature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable
Benefits & Rewards
- Dual Location / Hybrid worker Status
- Participation in our annual Incentive Plan (VIP) - up to 10% bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Option to buy and sell up to 10 days annual leave
- Access to voluntary benefits including private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership
- Automatic inclusion in Life Assurance, Critical Illness and Disability Income protection schemes
- Pension scheme up to 8% employer contribution
- Access to reward & discount platform
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Volunteering day
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of our job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. We recommend that you apply for our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.