Graduate Pricing Analyst
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at RGA for an Actuarial Pricing Analyst to support the growth of the company. The environment is dynamic, and career progression and development is an integral part of the job. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and a generous study package for studying towards becoming an actuary. In addition, we put emphasis on providing excellent mentoring, training and development programmes and opportunities.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies in the world. With operations in 26 countries, we are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life and health related reinsurance solutions.
Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
RGA ranks #225 on the 2020 Fortune 500 list. The list ranks U.S.-based companies by total revenue.
As an Actuarial Pricing Analyst, you would work within the larger protection pricing team, working with qualified actuaries and other similar pricing analysts. The larger pricing team comes from a range of diverse backgrounds, including areas such as mathematics, engineering and statistics, but all have qualified or are studying towards becoming an actuary.
Pricing and Modelling
- At the heart of what RGA does is provide life and health reinsurance to clients. Your primary responsibility will be to price reinsurance deals and generate reinsurance premiums for clients.
- The reinsurance market is a competitive one. This means our prices need to strike a balance between being competitive and being profitable, which can only be done if we are confident that our reinsurance premiums have been calculated as accurately as possible.
- Calculating these premiums involves building actuarial models to project future cashflows of life insurance policies. These models will contain a number of assumptions and features, such as individual mortality rates, interest rates and capital requirements. Your job will be to help build and maintain these models to a high standard.
Developing Technical Expertise
- At RGA, we place significant emphasis on development and career progression. As such, one of the key responsibilities of this role is to enhance and grow your technical expertise. This comes through developing a thorough understanding of RGA’s pricing standards, and also making good progress with the actuarial exams.
- RGA are committed to giving you the support you need to develop your skills and take your career to the highest level, and this is reflected in our generous study package. We will fully support your study towards qualification as an actuary through the provision of professional study materials, study leave and significant rewards for making good progress.
RGA’s collaborative approach is integral to our success. As such, your role will require you to work closely both with other members of the pricing team, and with other departments such as Underwriting, Operations and Claims in order to provide the most competitive reinsurance terms.
New Graduate Development Program
You will be enrolled in RGA's New Graduate Development Program when you join. The program is designed to help you accelerate your knowledge of our business and empower you to grow your career. As an NGDP participant you will join a global cohort to participate in a variety of activities throughout a two-year program while gaining hands-on experience in this position.
Qualifications & Experience:
We are looking for a graduate who has (or is predicted to achieve) a first or 2:1 in mathematics or a related subject. You need to be analytically strong, highly motivated, and have a desire to pursue an actuarial career. Strong IT skills are a must, and some coding experience, while not necessary, would be desirable.
As mentioned above, the reinsurance market is a competitive one, so we are looking for someone who takes a proactive approach to learning and has a keen desire to challenge themselves. You will also often be working as part of a small team, requiring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both in a written and oral manner.
We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all our roles.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people with diverse backgrounds and experiences regardless of their race, religion or belief, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
We are also proud to have been awarded Silver in Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Index in 2019-2020