Clinical Pharmacology Industrial Placement 2021
Imagine you are at Roche.
We are a pioneer in pharmaceuticals, advancing science to help people in the UK live longer and healthier lives. For over 120 years we have created truly differentiated medicines for cancer, the immune system, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system.
We work from bench to bedside - researching new medicines, running global clinical trials, and collaborating with the NHS to try to ensure rapid uptake and delivery of our products and services. Our drive, every day, is to ensure our medicines reach those who need them as soon as possible.
Roche is seeking an intern who is pursuing an undergraduate degree with an interest in Clinical Pharmacology in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Our interns will join the Clinical Pharmacology department and work on innovative projects applying their own science and programming skills to contribute to the design and review of clinical protocols and analysis plans, analysis and interpretation of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) data to ensure that appropriate dosing decisions are made for the patients.
Who you are
- Creative problem solvers, quick learners and comfortable experimenting with new approaches
- Willing to demonstrate communication skills to foster relationships with other team members across functions, as well as an enthusiasm for learning new skills.
- Possess entrepreneurship, passion and curiosity for understanding and interrogating complex data
What you will do
- Analysis and interpretation of PK/PD data
- Develop analytic tools to help shape the future of PK/PD analysis
- Collaborate with the team and other stakeholders to evaluate potential tools and applications
- Proactively share learnings and PK/PD knowledge with other team members
What you will need
- Currently undertaking a science based degree with emphasis on quantitative science
- Mathematics to A level or equivalent
- Fluency in programming skills (e.g. R)
- Excellent communication skills
- Phase I: CV and a cover letter review, followed by Video Interview.
- Phase II: Final assessment centre
Please note your cover letter should not exceed one page.
As part of your cover letter, Roche is keen to understand your motivation for applying for this position. You should, therefore, provide responses to the following questions:
What do you know about Roche and why does the prospect of working for the company excite you?
Why this programme
What is your key motivation for applying for this programme? What skills and experiences do you hope to gain from it?
If you had to highlight one accomplishment or achievement that makes you suitable for this opportunity what would it be and why would we need to know about it?
The job advert will close on 00:00 on 30th of April.
- Location, United Kingdom, Hertfordshire, Welwyn
- Function, Vocational & Development Programs
- Subfunction, Internship
- Schedule, Full time
- Job level, Entry Level
- Job type, Graduate / Post-Graduate (Fixed Term)
- Division, Roche Pharmaceuticals