Global Advisory Apprenticeship 2021
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for Apprentices to join our Global Advisory business in London.
The successful candidate is likely to be a recent school or college leaver who has an interest in beginning a career in financial services. While working you will also be studying towards two apprenticeships; the Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist, which you will complete over your first two years, followed by the opportunity to progress to the Level 6 Financial Services Professional apprenticeship, in your third and fourth year. The apprenticeship is underpinned by a full undergraduate degree in Finance from a leading UK University and you will also obtain your CFA Level 1 professional qualification.
Apprentices will be trained on the job as well as being given periodic study leave in order to obtain the relevant qualifications to achieve each apprenticeship.
It is an intensive role and successful candidates will need to be engaged, proactive and hardworking for the full 48-month duration. Support will of course be provided to help you succeed.
To be eligible to apply you must be:
- 16 or over
- Living in England
- Not in full-time education
Roles and responsibilities
- Working to understand the structure of our organisation; our products and services we deliver
- Research the industries in which our clients operate to support senior bankers’ marketing initiatives
- Provide input for company profiles, presentations and other documents
- Support the team in coordinating the transaction process during live transactions
- Attend internal and external calls and meetings as appropriate
- Three A levels (or equivalent) minimum grade 6/B
- English and Maths NVQ level 2 (GCSE) to be achieved by the end of the L4 apprenticeship
Skills and competencies required
The role requires you to demonstrate alignment to the firm’s guiding principles of Thoughtful, Principled and Creative, in addition to possessing the following skills:
- Clear and effective communication and ability to work successfully within a team
- Desire to learn and improve performance through feedback
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, highly productive, reliable with a flexible attitude
- Interest in corporate finance and basic understanding of the industry
- Ability to work with IT systems and to problem solve using technology. Familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint is desirable but not essential