Graduate Coastal Engineer Liverpool 2024
Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent, international engineering consultancy with a 140 year history. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work under-pinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
Royal HaskoningDHV are continuing on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognize that embracing diversity unlocks innovation, creativity and collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
A little background on our Coastal team
Royal HaskoningDHV are at the forefront of maritime development, and our multi-disciplinary experts routinely assist our international clients to embed innovation and create successful ports and maritime infrastructure worldwide. We provide expert commercial, technical and operational advice and work across the five continents for a wide range of port projects. These projects are made possible by the support of several specialist sub-groups.
Within our Maritime group is one of the largest and most experienced teams of Coastal Engineering professionals and designers globally and they are world leaders in the design of breakwaters, revetments, and scour protection. Every day our team is addressing the challenges of rising sea levels and increased storminess caused by climate change to ensure the safety of communities from coastal flooding. Examples of recent projects include the design and engineering of the Palms in Dubai, coastal defences for the world’s largest shipyard in Saudi Arabia, the detailed design of Holyhead breakwater refurbishment in Wales, and the development of various major ports in India, Africa and the Mediterranean.
You’ll be part of our UK team and will be supported by our Coastal Engineering Team Leader and regional Associate Director in our Liverpool office.
The role will require you to use your existing technical training and on the job learning to contribute to the development of engineering design solutions for coastal structures and elements in rock, concrete, timber, and other materials to relevant design codes. You will have engineering input in all project stages from inception, through design and construction, to inspection and refurbishment.
- Prepare designs and analyses for coastal defences and associated structures, from initial concepts through to detailed designs, including:
- Collect and collate design data.
- Produce design calculations, check, and review calculations produced by others.
- Produce sketch drawings and details for CAD / CIVIL3D drafting by others, check and review their models / drawings prior to issue.
- Prepare draft Quantities, Contract Documents and Specifications.
- Prepare reports and presentations.
- Provide direction and supervision for numerical modelling and small-scale physical modelling by others.
- Provide engineering judgment and advice; contribute to preparation of study reports.
- Commercial and technical management of projects within the office, ensuring projects show a profitable result and are completed to an agreed programme.
- Contribute to the maintenance (and development) of the client base through the production of proposals.
- Carry out inspections and surveys, which may include occasional travel for short term assignments in the UK and abroad (all expenses paid)
What we can offer you
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life.
You will work on global issues such as climate change challenges. We can offer you the steppingstone in your career and most importantly Enhancing Society Together! You will meet other graduates during our training scheme and be able to make your own networks and develop your career. You will have the opportunity to meet our current graduates during the interview process, so, if this sounds like you why not apply?