Graduate Programme Enterprise Leadership London 2024
Royal London is the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company. We’re owned by our members and work for their benefit, not for shareholder profits, and that makes us different.
We’re looking for highly creative, intellectually curious and enthusiastic graduates to join our two year cross functional and rotational programme starting September 2024.
You’ll be joining a supportive team of talented, diverse and passionate people who make a real impact on the lives of our customers every day.
What’s in it for you?
- Starting salary of £33,000 per annum plus bonus
- Generous pension (double matching, up to 14%) and life assurance (up to X8 salary)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance, as well as 24/7 confidential access to health, legal and financial advice
- Great office facilities, with hybrid working and placement location allowances and support available
- Opportunity to join our inclusion networks, join events across the business and build your network
What will you be doing?
You’ll be joining a small cohort of Graduates on a two year, cross functional and rotational programme which has been designed to grow future enterprise leadership capability.
Each placement will be structured to build knowledge and exposure to the breadth of the Royal London core business as well as receive targeted experiences that meet our strategic capability needs.
The placements will be around eight months each and the exact rotation will depend on the needs of the business. This will include placements based from other sites in the UK or Ireland. As such, it is important that you are flexible and open minded.
In each new placement you’ll have a dedicated People Leader and Buddy, as well as a Mentor that will stay with you throughout. You’ll also come together as a peer cohort group with other graduates to:
- Receive targeted learning and development opportunities
- Participate in group initiatives and events to help you understand our strategy and key priorities across the business
- Work on overarching projects over the whole two-year programme
You’ll get to learn and work cross functionally with colleagues to analyse data and other inputs, helping to provide context to allow for informed business decisions.
As you learn and support with the day-to-day operations, we’ll look to you to show off your creative flair, bringing fresh perspective to existing processes and methodologies
What skills and experience do I need?
- Recently qualified graduate with 2.1 grade or above
- Comfortable with IT and data, with a willingness to learn
- Intellectually curious, adaptable to change and not afraid to share new ideas and question the status quo
- Proactive and driven to achieve and learn
- Able to deliver multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and engage with stakeholders across the business
- Good judgement and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify, articulate and communicate the key conclusions from analysis in simple terms
What else do I need to know?
You should be able to start work from mid-September 2024. This is a UK and Ireland wide programme and therefore this could be from any of our locations. Exact dates are still to be confirmed, but if you’re selected, you’ll need to be available for an interview and assessment centre on site.
Your application should include a short cover letter that makes clear why you’re well suited to the role at Royal London. Please apply for one role only, which should be the preferred location of your first placement. Please can make clear on your cover letter your preference on other locations.
At Royal London we believe your difference is our strength and our organisation benefits from the different perspectives that diversity brings. Studies have shown that people from under-represented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every requirement. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience isn't a perfect fit with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway as you may be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
Our expectation is that colleagues will come into the office for 50% of their time. This hybrid model is built around our mutual mindset, thinking about what is good for us as individuals (the ‘me’) and in the context of what is right for our customers, our colleagues and the wider Royal London Group (the ‘we’). To give you the support and development needed, you may need to spend much more time in the office.