ADAS - Soil & Land Drainage Consultant Placement Herefordshire 2024
ADAS, part of the RSK Group, is seeking multiple Soil & Land Drainage Consultants for 12 months. These roles can be based out of Hereford. These are hybrid home, field and office-based roles so a driving licence is essential.
We are committed to providing a friendly and supporting working environment for our staff, with training and career opportunities for all. You will benefit from a dedicated management team who will ensure you get the most out of this opportunity. But don’t just take our word for the fact that we think we’re great...here’s what one of our last year’s placement students had to say about us:
“ADAS presents hugely exciting opportunities for placement students to expand their industry knowledge and develop their skills across a plethora of agricultural topics. The Agricultural Land Management Team boasts a friendly and highly supportive network of committed individuals who are entirely invested in your development.” Georgina Harrison, Harper Adams
Successful applicants will support ADAS consultants in the delivery of soil, land drainage and related technical and environmental management advice.
- Support senior consultants in the provision of soil and water engineering projects
- Undertake field work; including surveys of soil types, land drainage, catchments and topography
- Carry out background research, literature reviews and analysis
- Drafting technical reports
- Use ADAS mapping software and modelling packages
- Accompany lead consultants to client meetings and presentations. Contribute to sales and business development, writing proposals and tenders
Qualifications & experience
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good numerical, research and analytical skills
- An understanding of UK agricultural practice and business issues
- An awareness of current challenges facing farmers and land managers in terms of environmental, policy and financial issues
- Full driving licence and own transport
Car and expenses
- When required to work at locations which require you to stay away from home the company will pay subsistence and accommodation rates within normal company policies
- Mileage rate of 45p per mile for the use of own vehicle, subject to having the necessary business insurance cover
- A wide range of training opportunities available
- A benefits programme which includes discounted gym membership and staff discount scheme
- Healthcash plan and access to mental health support
- Contributory Pension Scheme
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Working alongside landowners, farmers, and growers since 1946, we have been providing ideas, specialist knowledge, and solutions to secure our food and enhance the environment for over 75 years.
Our aim is to help address the challenges and opportunities faced by organisations working in food production and the natural environment, and we continue to thrive by attracting innovative thinkers into our workforce.
We currently have over 400 employees delivering solutions in 60 specialist subjects, making us the UK’s largest independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services, research and development, and policy advice. Whether you want to work on national or international projects, we can provide a varied career in a wide array of industries and public sector services.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.