Binnies - Graduate Water Resources/Groundwater Consultant 2024
Graduate Water Resources/Groundwater Consultants Binnies, an RSK group company, are recruiting Graduate Water Resources Consultants in our growing multi-disciplinary Environmental Services team.
Binnies is a world-leader in Environmental and Critical Human Infrastructure projects in the Water and Flood Risk Management sector delivering exciting projects for clients including the Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales, Local Authorities and Water Utility Companies. Our team also works on other large infrastructure projects across sectors such as transport and renewable power.
Our Catchment Management and Natural Capital teams are able to apply the full range of modelling tools and techniques available for evaluating catchment interventions and their impacts on water resources and water quality, and the subsequent benefits (covering both financial and wider benefits) that can be accrued.
This role would in particular support our growing portfolio of water and catchment work where we are developing and testing innovative approaches to catchment management, and Solutions By Nature; a joint venture providing nature-based solutions via blue-green infrastructure to the water industry.
Binnies pride ourselves on being at the forefront of environmental best practice and innovation and our environmental consultants are empowered to work closely with our multi-disciplinary teams and shape projects to deliver smarter and more sustainable solutions. We are a close team and have active Environmental Communities of Practice, including for our Water and Catchments professionals. You will also benefit from technical, leadership and H&S training and paid membership of two professional institutions. You will be able to join our graduate training scheme with access to senior mentors who will support you to become Chartered.
Binnies offers you possibilities on an international scale with offices worldwide and projects completed in 100 plus countries. What’s more, you can work on exciting global projects regardless of where you are physically located. Whatever industries and technologies interest you, Binnies can get you there. You will also gain experience and expertise in all aspects of the UK Water Industry.
- Providing technical support to surface water and groundwater related projects including resource management and quality elements
- Production of Water Framework Directive Compliance Assessments to support environmental assessments
- Input into Water Industry National Environment Programme (WINEP) water resources and water quality management projects, including data analysis and interpretation
- Input to design and coordination of water monitoring programmes in line with best practice (e.g. groundwater and surface water quality surveys, water level surveys, geomorphology surveys)
- Providing input to designs for river restoration, Integrated Constructed Wetlands and Natural Flood Risk Management projects
- Advice on implications for the water environment from engineering designs, as well as development of mitigation and enhancement opportunities
- Advising on catchment management planning/schemes/projects
- Writing all stages of impact assessments associated with the water environment
- Liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required
The role is suitable for a graduate in Environmental Science, Geography, Water & Environmental Management or another related discipline; either looking for your first role or a new challenge after a few years of experience. You should possess and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- An environmental related degree
- An understanding of water resources management
- An appreciation of water resource modelling and assessment tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant legislation in the UK
- The ability to manage your own workload and be an integral member of the wider environmental team
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working (part time available, remote working for part of the role)
- Flexible benefits e.g. buy annual leave, varying pension contributions, options for private healthcare
- Continuous training and development – tailored training agreements towards chartership
We develop intelligent solutions using our award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since our foundation over 100 years ago. We create new possibilities for humanity through our innovative approach to delivery.
Together with our clients, we are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Our business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Binnies is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.