Structural Soils - Graduate Geotechnical Engineer Tonbridge 2024
Structural Soils is part of the RSK Group, have an opportunity for a high calibre Graduate Engineering Geologist to join the team in Tonbridge, UK.
Structural Soils is one of the UK’s largest site investigation service providers with an extensive in-house capability. Over the past few years the business has grown significantly and secured some very exciting projects including HS2, the A66 for the National Highways and the Lower Thames Crossing.
We are busy with some interesting projects in the pipeline, it is the ideal time to join us!
The successful candidate will be assisting with site investigation work undertaken predominantly in the south-east and London area under the guidance and direction of senior staff members.
The company will provide a mixture of external and in-house training to enable the successful candidate to gain the necessary knowledge and skills to help them to reach their full potential.
Key responsibilities will initially include:
- Assisting with Health & Safety Risk Assessment and Planning
- Assisting with the set up and planning of ground investigations
- Site supervision of ground investigations
- Scheduling and management of laboratory testing
- Installation of geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring of readings
- Factual reporting
- BSc degree level qualified in geology/civil engineering or a related environmental subject essential.
- MSc in a geotechnical/civil engineering or environmental discipline - Desirable
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow instruction, be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, work well within a team environment.
- Willing to be flexible to work nationally or internationally if the occasion arises.
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Previous site work experience (including trial pitting and drilling supervision) and the ability to log samples to BS 5930 A2 technical standards an advantage
Salary and benefits
- Salary up to £28,000 depending on experience
- Automatic enrolment onto the SSL training program
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare voucher and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership.
RSK Group are an equal opportunity employer.
As one of the UK's leading providers of integrated geotechnical and geoenvironmental site-investigations services, our mission is to deliver contracts of any size, in any location, and virtually any scope! We need a great team to do that and are always seeking dedicated professionals with relevant qualifications and experience.
With a 57-year history, we are a growing team of civil engineers, geologists, engineering geologists, chemists, and environmental scientists. We work for a diverse range of clients, from private individuals seeking advice on house subsidence to multinational energy companies looking to construct new power stations, and everyone in-between. Join us and grow your career with one of the premier ground investigation contractors in the UK.
Structural Soils is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.