BI Developer Graduate Programme 2021
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company.
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage, doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
What we do
Our IT mission is to transform the way technology is delivered to customers and colleagues across the world with the emphasis on simplicity, mobility, and efficiency. Data and Analytics will be central to enabling our colleagues to focus more on our customers and increasing revenue, by providing innovative and deeper insights into our customers, as well as the ability to use these insights to personalise the customer journey across channels.
What you'll do
This is a great opportunity to work as a Graduate BI Developer in a dynamic data and analytics team responsible for determining the global Sage Data strategy and driving adoption of, and insight into, Sage’s centralised data assets, including big data sets, such as Product telemetry, customer sentiment and click-data and uniting this with master customer and product data. This role will expose the Graduate BI Developer to leading edge technologies and infrastructure with the opportunity to establish skills in big data, data science and new analytical methodologies.
Reporting to the Data Development Manager, the Graduate BI Developer will be required to contribute to building, enhancing and maintaining data and BI solutions to enable Sage’s business plans and long-term objectives, using the identified architecture. The Graduate BI Developer’s primary focus will be on gaining the required skills and knowledge to become an effective and productive member of the team and will design, develop and deliver high quality products and/or systems and services.
- Complete all required training and mentoring sessions
- Ensure all development is completed to the required quality standards
- Look to increase both technical ability and domain knowledge through active participation in the project development life cycle
- Create/maintain documentation for all deliverables to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable
- Contribute to the process of documenting technical requirements for data, workflow, and interfaces with other systems and/or services where required
- Keep up to date with relevant technology areas
- Seek out and act upon feedback from team members
- Complete assigned development tasks to agreed level of quality and by the required deadline
- Complete required training in both software development and data domain
- Ensure adherence to best practice coding standards, testing procedures and departmental processes
- Provide estimates and track own activities against plan
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely estimates and track own activities against plan
- Actively contribute to retrospectives/debriefs in areas of responsibility to develop the teams’ abilities
- A relevant STEM/or an alternative degree supported by a keen interest in BI Development
- Good numerical reasoning and logic ability with problem solving skills
- Be an active and enthusiastic team player
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of software development and database technologies (including SQL).
- Be willing to adapt to significant changes in either technology or environment
- Demonstrable desire for learning and self-progression
- Good communication skills
1-year practical experience, or professional experience.
The Graduate Recruitment process
- Apply online with CV
- Complete screening
- Complete video interview (You will receive a link to complete a video interview within 1 week of applying)
- Attend Assessment Centre (Held June 2021)
If successful, you would join our Graduate Programme on 4th October 2021.
All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.