Emerging Talent Finance Placement Chertsey 2024
Imagine working for a company that is passionate about its people…
At Samsung we approach everything we do with the spirit of a ‘joyful pioneer’- daring to defy barriers and striving to excel limits. At the heart of our DNA is the pursuit of excellence and bringing innovation to everyone, faster than anyone. We realise it’s our people who really make this possible and we are continuously looking for dynamic people to join us and share our vision. With our endless ability to predict the next big wave (and create a few of our own), joining Samsung Electronics will put you in touch with the future and keep your career at the cutting edge of tomorrow’s technology.
We are constantly looking for dynamic individuals who share our relentless ambition, and in return offer people opportunities to grow and ways to express themselves in a truly global enterprise.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join us, and discover your potential.
What will this role involve?
Finance is integral to our business. Whether you’re in one of the following roles: Finance Analyst, Commission Specialists, Treasury or Tax & Audit, you’ll be given responsibility and valuable insights into how our Finance teams support the continued success of the business. Our Finance opportunities require efficiency and accuracy, and to be considered you must be working towards a Maths, Economics or Accounting related degree.
As a finance placement you could be involved in:
- Managing, organising and validating large volumes and different types of master data
- Managing data collection
- Reviewing current pricing strategies
- Support with quarterly / half yearly ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
What do we need for this role?
- To be proactive and a self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised.
- High attention to detail.
- Exposure to Excel - VLOOKUP, SUMIF, ROUND etc
- Project management skills.
- Approachable with clear and concise communication.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet fixed deadlines.
Benefits of working here at Samsung include
- Hybrid working - 3 days in the office and 2 days at home per week
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Company Pension contribution
- 3 x volunteering days each year
- Flexible Benefits - £55 per month contribution - this includes travel insurance, gym membership, payroll giving, season ticket loan facility, taste card, dental insurance
- Holiday - 25 days per annum plus bank holidays and an additional day off for your birthday!
- Access to staff sales discounts on a wide range of Samsung products
- Access to discount shopping portal
Location, location, location
The majority our opportunities are based in Chertsey, Surrey. Our offices are located in beautiful grounds, and within easy reach of London, just outside the M25. Our on-site restaurant serves a wide range of delicious meals, including South Korean and Western options.
Want to join us?
Don’t forget to think about the opportunity you would like to apply to carefully, as you are only able to apply to one of our placement opportunities this year.
Please note - You must have the right to work in the UK in order to be eligible for this placement opportunity and we will ask you to confirm this during the recruitment process.
Start date August 2024.