Embedded Software Engineer Placement Stonehouse 2024
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet.
At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that’s been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world’s greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world’s growing energy demands. We’re working on that answer.Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It’s what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
Stonehouse Technology Centre (SHTC) is the SLB drilling Centre of Excellence. It supports SLB through innovative engineering and quality-driven manufacturing, with portfolio emphasis on rotary steerable systems, Measurement While Drilling tools, Specialised Measurement tools and Rechargeable Batteries for Downhole use, and power source products.
Over 300 employees work in SHTC's modern, fit-for-purpose building in scenic Gloucestershire. The facility was constructed to handle future demand for PowerDrive tools with an efficient workflow that ensures assembled tools are extensively and rigorously tested before delivery. On site, tools can be monitored using state of-the-art hardware and connectivity that link SHTC to all field locations.
SHTC continues Research & Development investment for new technologies, extending operational limits so that clients can reach hotter, deeper reserves.
Description and Scope
You will be working with a co-located team of 30+ experienced engineers, including other software professionals within a larger multifunctional engineering team. Designing, developing, and testing new embedded software solutions for downhole drilling systems. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other experts (electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, physicists, designers, etc.) in the development of new products and concepts.
Your tasks will include:
- Gather requirements from Stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and with other engineering projects.
- Maintain Continuous Integration infrastructure for applications developed.
- Perform tests and troubleshooting on application in deployed environments.
- Communicate effectively with end users to assist in roll out of new firmware features.
- Knowledge of C / C++ for Embedded
- Knowledge of hardware & software tools, emulators and simulators
- Knowledge of RTOS: FreeRTOS / OpenRTOS / DSP BIOS
- Elementary physics (force, acceleration, torque, etc.)
Exposure to any of the following would be a plus:
- FPGA VHDL, Unit testing, Static analysis tools, UML design
Penultimate or final year in a Bachelors or Masters within Computer Science or related field.