Global Infrastructure Placement Londonderry 2024
The Seagate Global Infrastructure Systems group is a highly technical team responsible for the design, development, and deployment of critical infrastructure across all Seagate global sites. Global Infrastructure team members are located worldwide, with representation in Springtown, Europe across Asia and the US.
This requires significant collaboration from all members of our global team. The Global Infrastructure portfolio includes managing critical Physical and Virtual Servers (VMware); Windows and Linux Server Operating Systems; On premise and cloud Storage and Backup solutions; as well as maintaining best in class Network systems.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Systems Intern wishing to take on an 11-month placement, commencing in September 2024, to join our Global Infrastructure team in Springtown.
The Infrastructure Systems intern will be a member of the Global Infrastructure systems team and be expected to work in one or more facets of the infrastructure technology stack. (Server, Storage & Network).
- Protect Seagate’s Intellectual property by maintaining security patch compliance across all assets.
- Build, deploy and extend new and existing systems in support of Seagate’s growing Business demand.
- Be involved in critical, time sensitive programs which improve Seagate’s availability and performance.
- Gain exposure to key infrastructure technologies such as VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Zabbix, CyberArk, PowerShell Scripting, Cisco, Juniper networking amongst others.
- Engage in daily response to ad-hoc Seagate business requirements (Incident and Change requests)
- Optimize existing Infrastructure (Memory, CPU, Storage, Bandwidth, Availability) across all Seagate sites, to run 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Demonstrate attendance, active participation, and representation of achievements in regular Global Infrastructure forums.
- Potentially specialize in area of interest and ability (Compute, Storage or Networks).
- Willingness to learn and develop technical skills as well as soft skills such as Teamwork, Problem Solving, adaptability and customer management.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and results to technical and business audiences in a comprehensive manner.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and stakeholders, including teams from Server, Storage and Networking operations.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Your experience includes
- Currently undertaking a Bachelor’s degree in data science, mathematics, computer science or engineering
- Knowledge of problem-solving techniques
Completed applications should be submitted no later than midnight on 4th December 2023.
This is a Full-Time position working 39 hours per week, on-site working. The placement dates are: Starting on Monday, 2nd September 2024 and finishing Friday, 22nd August 2025
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without the requirement to be sponsored by Seagate. Please demonstrate on your Cover Letter or CV how you meet the criteria set out in the job description identified above.
Testing may be used as part of the selection process.
At Seagate we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. To see all vacancies that Seagate has available, please sign up - Register with our Talent Network for career updates and to be considered for future opportunities.
Seagate Technology is committed to equal opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of sex, marital status, religious affiliation, age, disability or ethnic origin. The Company specifically welcomes applications from the protestant community who are currently underrepresented in this job category. All applications will be considered strictly on the basis of merit.
Our Springtown site is Derry/Londonderry’s largest manufacturer, we’re proud that Seagate is a flexible and inclusive place to work. We have more than 1,400 employees spanning research and development, manufacturing, and other functions.
Here at work, you can grab breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks at our subsidized on-site cafe. Looking for an active break from your workday? We’ve got you covered. Take a group or individual exercise class during lunch or after work at our on-site gym.
Network with your colleagues through the Young Professionals Network, Women’s Leadership Group, the Carers Café (for caregivers of individuals with disabilities), Volunteer in the community with our support! Join our creative network, which includes a choir, foreign language classes and even a cookery class!
Join our Employee Resource Groups (ERG), a voluntary, employee-led community built on a shared diversity identity and/or an appreciation of that identity, open to ALL current employees at Seagate!
- Health – AXA Healthcare, for employees and dependents, Company sick pay and medical leave, Occupational healthcare service, Employee assistance programmes, Group income protection and On-site gym/ exercise classes / personal trainer.
- Work Life Balance – Annual leave, Flexible working hours, Part-time working, Enhanced maternity pay, Enhanced paternity pay, Bereavement leave.
- Finance – Pension – employer contributory scheme, Life assurance, Employee stock purchase plan, Competitive base pay, Company bonus scheme, Reward and recognition, Employee savings scheme, Perks at work discount programmes, Employee discount scheme, Pay for civil / jury duty.
- Career – Degree / non degree assistance Externally accredited training and development opportunities, Service awards, LinkedIn learning, Learning & development programmes.