Business Operations Placement 2021
Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Business Operations? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Business Operations.
This internship will hold an integral part of the Customer Experience team, you will be required to focus on timely progressing of all orders and proactively engaging with customers to update them on their outstanding orders. Some project ordering and special orders with UK interaction will also be part of this varied job role along with after sales engagement with customers.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this internship:
- Proactive progression of orders, liaison with suppliers and customers.
- Customer personalisation through Platinum service with regards to order fulfilment, replenishment, maintenance and management.
- Support customers to self serve via track & trace systems.
- Identification of opportunities and training to promote the benefits to grow Customer Digitalisation.
- Customer Queries to ensure these are dealt with in a timely manner. Management of open customer orders.
- After sales communication once goods are received where you will be dealing with warranties and returns
- Strong focus on maintaining customer relations and delivering excellent customer service.
- Ensuring data is up to date to minimize errors.
- Escalation for all customer queries / complaints to Customer Experience Team Leader. Resolution of customer complaints.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in a Business Studies related degree.
- Very customer focussed withe the ability to speak to our customers to optimise their self serve requirements through digital interfaces.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- The ability to thrive in a very busy and varied environment
- Profiecient in IT systems such as excel, Word etc.
- The aptitude to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Communication skills at all levels.
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Business Operations. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £17,908 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.