Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical technology, we’re offering an ambitious graduate the chance to join Siemens Healthineers and help shape the future of healthcare. Starting in April 2021, this 8-month internship will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to start your finance and commercial career.
This position will give you an overview of the IT, Finance and Manufacturing functions within Siemens Healthineers. You will be given the chance to take responsibility for your own projects which will provide you with exposure to senior management and the wider organisation, including our headquarters located in USA.
· Learn and develop digitalisation skills, with particular focus on Intelligent Automation (AI, Robotics), Business Intelligence (PowerBI) and Advanced Analytics.
· Assess the landscape of IT/digitalisation tools available in Siemens Healthineers
· Develop a modular concept based on the available tools
· Design and implement solutions/improvements to processes identified as critical
· Expand the solutions/improvements horizontally and vertically
· Examples of processes can be:
- Monthly forecasting process
- Dashboards to present key financial/operational data to senior management
- Improve existing reports and processes within Performance Controlling
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for digitalisation
- Interest in Finance and Operations, willing to develop business acumen
- Strong analytical skills and systemic thinking
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Flexible, resilient, can overcome obstacles, and learn from mistakes
- Confident in working independently and take ownership of challenges and ideas
- Bring curiosity and the ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances
You must have:
- Successfully graduated with a 2:1 or higher degree or currently working on a Master or Doctorate degree in a Computer Science, Data Analytics, Maths, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, analytical or business-related discipline
- Work experience through prior internship or placement year would be beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills e.g. creating pivot tables, macros
- Experience with Big Data and drawing valuable insights from large volumes of data
- A competitive internship salary
- 26 days annual holiday
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to gym memberships
- Generous pension contributions
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives and you will join a diverse network of graduate and early career professionals.